USA Gangs & Gangsters

Usa Gangs Gangsters - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2011 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Ogden Trece - MS13 - Mafia - Eighteen Street 18st - Bloods - Crips - Kings - Disciples - Vice Lords - Aryans - Sureños - Norteños
25th Dec, 2005 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

USA Gangs & Gangsters

The rise and advance of gangs in North America, and particularly in the USA, has seen a phenominal population explosion in the past 20 years. However, the L.A. Bloods and Crips aren't the first gangs to overrun regional areas with crime.

Irish and Italian gangs and gangsters were on the East Coast scene beginning in the mid-1800s, when between 1847 and 1860 for mostly economic reasons, more than a million immigrants arrived from Ireland. The social integration of such a large number of immigrants was difficult, at best, and gangs were formed perhaps more for their own safety and group cohesion than for any criminal intent -- although crime did flourish as well.

Italian immigration peaked between 1890 and 1910, and brought with it the same social integration issues as the Irish, with the same formation of group safety and group cohesion units -- this time, though, with ties to the old country and family, and more aggressive criminal activity.

In Southern California currently, there are several different, powerful gangs operating on the streets in the cities and suburbs:

L.A. Bloods and the L.A. Crips (both being of mostly African American heritage) with nearly 300 distinct groups.

L.A. Surenos and Nortenos, mostly Hispanic, with over 500 groups.

L.A. Asians, the fastest growing, with reportedly 20,000 members

18th Street Gang, also mostly Hispanic, and probably the largest street gang in Los Angeles.

www.streetgangs.com

international QUOTE
Several of the first black clubs to emerge in the late 1940s and early 1950s formed initially as a defensive reaction to combat much of the white violence that had been plaguing the black community for several years.  In the surrounding communities of the original black ghetto of Central Avenue and Watts, and in the cities of Huntington Park and South Gate, white Angelenos were developing a dissatisfaction for the growing black population that was migrating from the South during WWII.  During the 1940s, resentment from the white community grew as several blacks challenged the legal housing discrimination laws that prevented them from purchasing property outside the original settlement neighborhoods and integrate into the public schools.  Areas outside of the original black settlement of Los Angeles were neighborhoods covered by legally enforced, racially restrictive covenants or deed restrictions.  This practice, adapted by white homeowners, was established in 1922 and was designed to maintain social and racial homogeneity of neighborhoods by denying non-whites access to property ownership.

Because of their huge population, Gangs have a profound effect on drug traffic, prostitution, violence, and local culture, not to mention national culture due to the "gangstah" style of clothing, "gangstah" rap, and the glorifying of the lifestyle in the media.

And they are migrating to points north, south, east, and west in greater and greater numbers, spreading crime and mayhem in their paths. Nearly every state in the U.S. has seen the effects of gang-related crime and social upheaval.

Reconcile Edited: JB on 7th Jul, 2010 - 8:33pm

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
27th Dec, 2005 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Gangsters and Gangs USA

This is an interesting issue but a very hard one to solve. A lot of people who join or become infiltrated in gangs are generally of a poor socio-econoic disposition. Mostly poor migrants by the sound of it.

It is not just a criminal problem but also a social one. Unfortunately I don't think you can effectively address one without the other. A zero tolerance policy may be effective in the short term, but it won't stop people from joinging gangs. And it won't stop the black market or violence, it might just take it further underground.

But there will always be a criminal element regardless. I guess it is about giving these poor people as many opportunities as possible to integrate and make a life for themselves so they don't get lured to gangs. But it is also important to crack down on the genuine criminals.

It sounds like the US situation is bad, but I don't think it would be as bad as Brasil or South Africa, and the US has a very large population. What are the authorities currently doing about gangs?

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 27th Dec, 2005 - 2:16am

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

1st Jan, 2005 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

USA Gangs & Gangsters History & Civil Business Politics

There are "Gang Taskforce" units in many police departments, even in my little town. But in my opinion, it's a lot like the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Terror" -- lots of talk, lots of media window-dressing, but very little real results.

Many neighborhoods are doing grassroots efforts like patrolling their own streets at night, joining together as neighbors to protect their families and homes. Neighborhood Watch programs, which are sponsored by law enforcement agencies, are also in effect in many areas and have neighbors looking out for neighbors.

But the root cause and the ultimate solution have yet to be truly understood.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gangsters and Gangs USA

MOBSTER SINGS ON TAPE, PROSECUTORS SAY

A mobster, who wanted so badly to keep his recorded conversations with an FBI informant secret, broke the mob's honor code and admitted his Mafia membership rather than have prosecutors play the tapes in court.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/03/mafia.tapes.ap/index.html

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

USA Gangs & Gangsters
A Friend

Gangsters and Gangs USA

A group of gangs that seem to have ducked under the radar recently are biker gangs. I saw a special on Discovery Channel showing that biker gangs are becoming bigger and are spreading into corporate America. What once was thought of as a fade is once again a threat. Problem is that since they are not "above ground", their handing work often goes un-noticed. Other street gangs are not savvy and create crime and violence outright in public view. But the gangs that are doing their deeds under the federal radar are the most dangerous in my opinion.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2006 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

USA Gangs & Gangsters
A Friend

USA Gangs & Gangsters

The gang problem's stem is from disadvantaged neighborhoods. It all depends on how much money a town or city makes. To solve gang problems you have to do 3 things,

1.) Improve Education
Education is a precurser to a successful financianal future. It doesn't have to be the traditional school but education in same way is important.

2.) Find other things for the kids to do.
How about enacting a Sports ordinance, or a community get-together at the community center?

3.) Use surpluses for above and to build police stations.
The police is a last resort. However, to keep everything calm, police are important.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2006 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

USA Gangs & Gangsters
A Friend

USA Gangs & Gangsters

You forgot MS-13 enemy of 18th street!

The bloods verse Crips Rivalry has now come to my school! There are several Bloods in my school! I just happen to be the smartest gang researching teenager in my school. I'm training for a gang unit carrier! Any questions just ask!

Message Edited!
Persephone: Use good grammar and check your spelling. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2011 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Gangs & Gangsters Politics Business Civil & History

45 arrested locally in nationwide gang crackdown

A three-month nationwide sweep of gang members with ties to drug-trafficking organizations culminated in 678 arrests, including 45 in San Diego County, federal authorities announced Tuesday. Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: USA Gangs & Gangsters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,