My Current Project

My Current Project - International Forum Gallery - Posted: 16th Nov, 2015 - 10:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  My Current Project
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

My Current Project
A Friend

My Current Project

This might not be the prettiest thing I've ever painted, but I think it could be the most honest. 48"X48", oil on canvas.

My Current Project
My Current Project (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2015 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Project Current My

I love the way you did the hair it almost looks real the way the light hits it. Is this from looking at someone or imagination?

14th Sep, 2015 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

My Current Project Gallery Forum International

I was surprised to see this picture because I know someone that looks just like that! Nice work.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2015 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

My Current Project
A Friend

Project Current My

This was derived from a photo that I had shot during a fashion shoot about a year ago. I'm trying to get back into painting, and this is a practice piece.

9th Oct, 2015 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Project Current My

So if this isn't the prettiest how come the prettiest art you've done isn't on here so I can look? wink.gif

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2015 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

My Current Project
A Friend

My Current Project

I'll try to dig up something better. Problem is, I haven't a hard time looking at my work objectively. Sometimes, I think it's all terrible. Other times, I think I've created something brill.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2015 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

My Current Project

Pretty good. I don't know if you're open to critique or not but this could be improved by removing the dark strokes from her chin and jawline. Maybe slightly darker tone for eye lids and neck.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

My Current Project
A Friend

My Current Project International Forum Gallery

Sure, I'm open to critique. It would be pretty foolish of me to post my work here if I wasn't. I think the biggest problem with this piece is that I'm trying to duplicate the photograph. Which is stupid, because it's like asking a cat to be a dog. I firmly believe that the most important trick to painting from a photograph is to throw away the reference photograph once the initial sketch is done. And I always tell myself to do that, and I never listen. It's like a lifeline that I can't let go of, because I don't trust myself or something. So I already have the neurosis down, so if I could paint worth a rat's ass, I'd be a freaking genius.

+  1 2 

Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
# Words:
# Sentences:
# Paragraphs:
Reading Time:
Optional:
Search

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: My Current Project

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,