If You Could Marry In Any Temple

If Marry Temple - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Apr, 2006 - 3:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Dec, 2005 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

If You Could Marry in any Temple

If you could marry in any Temple, which would you choose and why?

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2006 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Temple In Marry You If

When I was single, I pretty much always knew that I wanted to get married in the Portland, OR temple. It wasn't the closest, but it was close enough, and I grew up in the Portland area so it was the first temple that I went to, and I have always liked how it is completely surrounded by pine trees. One would never know that a freeway is right on the other side of them. I also think the design of the outside is quite pretty (and the inside too, of course biggrin.gif).

However, it is fun to think of where I would have chosen to get married had I not been limited by practicality and location. I think I would have chosen either the Salt Lake temple or the Nauvoo, which is probably not too surprising, but the history around them and the beauty is just so amazing. Nothing really compares to the detail and stunning features of the Salt Lake Temple, inside and out. It is neat to know the history of the temples, who has been in the same places as you and who built them or oversaw them, and the years of hard work put in by the early saints for the LORD.

Of course, in the end every temple is sacred and beautiful and holy as the House of the LORD, and I would have been happy to be married in any of them.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2006 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If You Could Marry In Any Temple Studies Doctrine Mormon

This one for me is simple. I think. Which ever temple is closest, but if I had the money I would definatel y choose the San Diago Temple. It was dedicated the exact date that I got active in the Church.

> TOPIC: If You Could Marry In Any Temple

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,