Rose Parade

Rose Parade - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Jan, 2006 - 3:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Ever seen it?
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2006 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Rose Parade

Rose Parade

Have you ever attended the Rose Parade?

Possible Rain Storm

PASADENA, Calif. - Hundreds of die-hard fans camped out along the Rose Parade route with umbrellas and tarps for what could be the event's first soggy day in more than 50 years. The Tournament of Roses is traditionally held on New Year's morning, but a never-on-Sunday rule pushed the 117th parade to Monday - when forecasters said conditions likely would be wet and windy.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060102/ap_on_...ose_parade_rain

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Rose Parade
A Friend

Parade Rose

I have never personally attended it, but I have watched it before. This year will be especially enjoyable being that the Rose Bowl will be hosting the National Championship for college football. They will be beefing up the Rose Parade this year since it will place to allot of national viewers, more so than usual.

5th Jan, 2006 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Rose Parade Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I've been several times. When I was a teenager, we (my family or friends) would go quite often. I took my son when he was a little guy, and I think that was the last time I went -- which was about 15 years ago! The day after the parade, the floats are lined up ... I forget where they put them, but you can go and view them up close and take pictures, etc. We've done that a couple of times. But now that I'm older and more picky about where I sleep and who sleeps near me, I don't go anymore. If you don't sleep overnight in a good spot (which means on the sidewalk) and you don't have reservations nearby in a hotel or a rental house, you can basically forget getting anywhere near the parade if you wait to go in the morning!

It really is amazing to watch in person, as I'm sure the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is.

> TOPIC: Rose Parade

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,