I admit that they do grab my attention a little more than the banners just because of the change I imagine. I honestly haven't notices that I have to scroll any further but I am in such a habit of using the scroll button on the mouse or the page down button on the keyboard that an inch or two doesn't effect much at all.
Googles ad sense has been acting a bit funny lately. When on the second portal, the personal blogs page, I always get ads for treatments for STD's. I'm starting to get a complex! lol
Konquererz, I am sorry, but I have little control over what the ads display, but it must be something in relation to what you are writing - not the exact words - but keywords.
1. Do the ads distract you or do you not even notice them at all?
The ones that distract me are the ones where there isn't an ad - just white space.
2. How likely are you to read one of these ads between (1-10) with 10 being most likely?
5 ... I see the picture indicating it's an ad and usually skip over it.
3. Does the ad's color co-ordination with the Skin make it look like part of the message?
4. How likely would you want to Upgrade your Membership if you knew that it would remove these ads from in between the messages?
Recently, we added a new affiliate to our network as was mentioned in this Thread HERE, so if you start seeing certain words linked and double underlined within the Posts then you know that is the affiliate and not our system producing this.
1. I have no problem with the ads because they are not pop ups If they were pop up ads I would have a problem with them
2. I am not one to look at many ads. I know they are there so put me down as a 2
3. I think they blend in nicely
4. I guess it does not matter because I know ads help pay for things.
I do have to say the underlined words will take some getting used to. As I scroll through the words people have written the little balloons are a bit annoying right now.
The balloons should only show up if your mouse goes over the link, they should not show up on their own.