Gunship For Us? - Page 3 of 3

QUOTE (Emrolgould) How do you propose that - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Jan, 2006 - 6:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
The need for more military equipment in the fight against crime.
Gunship For Us? Related Information to Gunship For Us?
7th Jan, 2006 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Gunship For Us? - Page 3

Nighthawk, I suppose your emphasis in stating that has to do with what I said here:

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)
As Nighthawk mentioned (and in keeping with the theme of the thread) there are aspects of crime today that may be helped by something modern and flying in the air, but the main action needs to be on land where it is already in progress.

However, a reading of my messages as a whole will show that I am not so concerned about the Gunship itself or even if they bring Corsairs or F-16s... I am concerned about the Administration behind the use of these things - that is the underlying point I am trying to make. If we really want to deal with crime in Trinidad & Tobago we need to deal with it at ground level --> society, culture, attitude, behavior, education, and so on and put a FULL stop to emphasis on parties, fetes, drinking, vice, and so on. It is as simple as if I call 999 now then I must expect the police to respond to me now, not in two hours! If I go into a police station and ask for assistance I must be treated like if they care, not as a burden. This is operating at ground level, and as I said before, one does not need to fly high in the sky looking for pirates to accomplish this. Yes, you may catch 20, 30, or one hundred pirates, but I will still call 999 and have to wait 2 hours! Not acceptable!

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2006 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Us Gunship

I understand now. I was thinking more in the tactical arena, rather than the sociological. Makes sense. Sounds like you need a reduction in the corruption in the government. I don't know that anyone has really figured out any way to do that effectively.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2006 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Gunship For Us?
A Friend

Gunship For Us? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 7-Jan 06, 4:10 PM)
If we really want to deal with crime in Trinidad & Tobago we need to deal with it at ground level --> society, culture, attitude, behavior, education, and so on and put a FULL stop to emphasis on parties, fetes, drinking, vice, and so on.

How do you propose that this be done?

I think that this is where criticism becomes constructive. When viable alternatives are recommended, including a proposal of how to get there. Other than that, it's fault-finding.

8th Jan, 2006 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Us Gunship

QUOTE (Emrolgould)
How do you propose that this be done?

This thread deals specifically with the gunship issue and is not the place to discuss the aspect of social reform as we will be going into off topics, see the many other threads we have here that specifically cover those issues and my thoughts are already mentioned many times.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Gunship For Us?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,