Islamophobia

Islamophobia - Studies of Islam - Posted: 31st Mar, 2012 - 11:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Fear of Islam - Fear of Muslims - Islamophobes
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2006 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Islamophobia

Islamophobia

Some humans have fear of certain things, they then tend to attach catch words to it such as "Islamophobia". Do you have Islamophobia? As defined by one site:

Islamophobia is a neologism used to refer to an irrational fear or prejudice towards Muslims and the religion of Islam.
Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2006 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Islamophobia
A Friend

Islamophobia

Personally, I think it's rather stereotypical and bigotous for people to fear those of the Muslim faith. Yes, a few bad people did some horrendous things, but that doesn't make them all bad. There are Americans who murder other Americans every day, and I don't see people from the US have some Americanphobia because of it. There are going to be bad and good people in every culture, in every walk of life. It doesn't matter if somebody says they follow a Christian faith, Islam faith, Buddhist faith, etc. It doesn't matter if they are black, purple, pink, white, clear, or camo. There are bad things happening in every type of society.

I remember after 9/11 all of the Gyro Cafe's around here were closed down because they are all run by people of the Middle Eastern descent. That's crazy to me that they felt that fear, and what's worse is that their fear was fully justified. There were Muslim students who were checked out of school for their safety. That's not fair or justified in any manner that one brand of people is being hated on because a handful of people that happen to share their culture have done some horrible things. There are Christian pastors who have committed pretty heinous acts, but everytime it happens, I don't see all the Christian students being checked out of school because of harassment.

Whether or not I agree with their religion, I do believe they have the right to walk the streets of a country and not have to worry about being assaulted or treated badly because of their background. When most people have a prejudice against a person because of race, religion, sexuality, etc., it tends to extend beyond just ignoring them and choosing not to associate with them. A lot of times it ends up in the bad treatment of those people, and nobody deserved that. Every Muslim person I have ever met, and it's been quite a few, have been incredibly intelligent and some of the nicest people I have ever had the privilage of knowing.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2009 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Islamophobia Islam Studies

Horror at Fort Hood Inspires Horribly Predictable Islamophobia
By John Nichols

Because a soldier identified as the gunman had a name that led to the presumption that he was Muslim, the incident inspired an all-too-predictable outbreak of Islamophobia. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2010 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Islamophobia

Religious Leaders Condemn Growing Islamophobia:

Leaders of some three dozen mainstream U.S. Religious denominations Tuesday condemned what many commentators have called a rising tide of Islamophobia touched off by the recent controversy over the construction of a Muslim community centre in Lower Manhattan Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2010 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Islamophobia
A Friend

Islamophobia

They can condemn it and try to say that it is not happening but I think it is happening and at a accelerated pace with all the talk over the so called "ground zero mosque" I feel that people were wanting a reason to hate the islamic faith and that was the catalyst they needed.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2010 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Islamophobia

Top Stories More Important than Quran-Burning Nut Job
By Juan Cole

The horrible era of anti-Muslim bigotry in the United States yielded a one-day silly season on Thursday. - The weird cultist Terry Jones, fired from his church in Cologne, Germany last year for abusing his congregants, preaching hate-filled sermons, and demanding absolute obedience, was favored by an unprecedented telephone call from Secretary of Defense Robert Gates asking him not to burn the Quran. Ref. Source 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2010 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Islamophobia

Jewish Groups Denounce 'Museum of Tolerance'
Builder Simon Wiesenthal Center for Support of Islamophobia
By Alex Kane

A coalition of four Jewish groups, backed by a wide array of peace and justice organizations, held a demonstration Sept. 16 outside the Simon Wiesenthal Center's Museum of Tolerance in New York, denouncing the organization's opposition to the Islamic community center in lower Manhattan. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2012 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Islamophobia Studies Islam

Iraqi Immigrant's Killing in California Horrifying

An Iraqi immigrant woman's recent murder in California is a warning of the dangers of Islamophobia. Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Islamophobia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,