Rose Bowl - Texas Unanimous No. 1

Rose Bowl Texas Unanimous No 1 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Jan, 2006 - 7:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Jan, 2006 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- All season long, the No. 1 ranking belonged to Southern California -- before Texas swiped it away at the end.

The Longhorns finished first, a unanimous choice, in The Associated Press Top 25 for the first time since 1969 after beating the Trojans 41-38 in the Rose Bowl on Wednesday night.

Not only did Texas end USC's 34-game winning streak, the Longhorns snapped USC's record string of 33 consecutive polls as No. 1.

https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...5.ap/index.html

What a game! What a season for Texas (13-0)! Did anyone else get a chance to watch the Rose Bowl? The game has been over now for 3 days and I still can't believe the amount of burnt orange I see here in Austin, Texas. I must admit when I first moved here to Austin, I was not a UT fan. I have since converted! Hat's off to Texas for a great game and season!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2006 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

No Unanimous Texas Bowl Rose

What an awesome game, truly down to the wire! I was glad that Texas shut up the USC fans talking about how great they are. I was also glad that a Big XII team finally took back the title and brought it back where it belongs!

29th Jan, 2006 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Rose Bowl - Texas Unanimous No. 1 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The USC-Texas game was definitely one for the ages. Vince Young played his heart out and showed that he is the best player in college. I thought it was funny that a Houston based business was collecting money for a billboard sign that they plan to place in Los Angeles. The billboard would show:

2003 - LSU National BCS champions
2004 - USC National BCS champions
2005 - Texas National BCS champions

and the caption would read:

Don't you need to win more than one championship in a row to be considered a dynasty!

The pun is that in 2003, while LSU received the BCS title, the AP poll gave their championship to USC. In any case, it is pretty funny with all the dynasty talk that had been circulating about USC. Congratulations to Texas and enjoy #1 while you can, because with Vince Young gone, it will be pretty tough to repeat.

> TOPIC: Rose Bowl - Texas Unanimous No. 1

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,