Did God Create Evil? - Page 3 of 4

Look at this way… when you have - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
21st Jul, 2009 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil? - Page 3

How do you know that Evil did not exist? If God is eternal, why does it seem a leap to believe the concept of evil is as eternal as God?

If we assume God is a being of Ultimate Free Will (meaning he determines his actions without outside influence) does it not stand to reason that His ultimate goodness comes from him choosing to be good (if he never made the choice then he does not have free will). He cannot choose goodness without having the alternate choice of evil available to him (I believe choice must involves at least two separate decisions).

Is He good because he is God, or is He God because he is Good?

I tend to believe that if one believes He is Good because He is God, then that person would tend to believe that He created evil. If you believe He is God because he is Good, then I think you would tend to believe that Good and Evil must be as eternal as God, and were never "created", existing from eternity.

A God that created evil, is a most untenable situation, in my religious and philosophical view.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2009 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?
A Friend

Evil Create God Did

I don't know. I just hope he made it because if he didn't than something else must have. Something else must have put up those boundaries. God made what was evil and holy and put them down on the ten commandments. I know that there was no evil because God made everything and to make it you have to be before it.

31st Jul, 2009 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil? Beliefs Religious General

If God is eternal, and is a being who had free will,has always had free will, and will always have free will, then his choice to choose to do good and choose to do evil is as eternal as he is, no?

Evil could not have been created if the choice was eternally before him to do evil or good. It would only be "creatable" if he was at some time a being without free will, and that seems an impossible assumption.

I do not think there is any scriptural reference stating that God suddenly created Evil or Goodness. It would seem logical that it was there all along.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?
A Friend

Page 3 Evil Create God Did

Well being a being of freewill before Evil existed he still had a choice of whether to make holy and evil or not to. He still had free will and he just defined it more for us.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2009 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Evil Create God Did

Name: Twilight

Comments: Do you think Adam and Eve had free will?

They knew nothing from nothing, two dumb people who had no knowledge of good and evil. Once they took a bite from the apple they knew they were naked and covered themselves.

The concept is very cruel, create two dumb people and put them in a garden alone with the most horrible deceptive creature ever created, thats just like putting a couple of four yearr olds or younger in the garden with Satan the beast... What do you think would happen? the worst outcome, then punishment filled with long suffering and sorrows.

Do you think the Pharaoh had free will when Moses asked to free the people?

There was no free will given ... God hardened his heart, even after so many plaques the Pharaoh wanted to give in and again God hardened his heart ... And what was the outcome? NO PEACE! God killed them all including the innocent animals.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

14th Aug, 2009 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?

I was driving my car the other day and was thinking.

Suppose I compared God's creation of man to creating a good car (our Bodies), which he declares good (In my case I would want to be a Cadillac Escalade). But he also created free will in that we would be allowed to drive (the driver being our spirit) where, how and when we wanted within certain bounds . Because of His love for us he allows us freedom to treat this Car (our bodies) with respect and return it to him in as good condition as we obey the rules of traffic as much as possible (Keeping the commandments, treating others with respect). The other option may be that we abuse our Cars that we have and try to reek havoc on the cars around us (by disobeying the laws of the "road").

Is it God's fault that we have chosen to take what he has made, which was new and good, and abuse it, or is it our choice to do so? In this scenario God did not create evil. He created something that was good, and because of our free will, we choose to squander the freedom that we have been given and drive carelessly (in our example this is Evil) thus creating the dents and dings in our world and in our own lives. In this parable we cannot blame God for his children's disobedience and the evils that we see.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2009 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?
A Friend

Did God Create Evil - Page 3

If You believe in God as law maker then He would decide what is good or evil or sin.
The law maker must then enforce the law or it loses respect along with the law.

Since man has dominion here and is the law maker, then we decide what is good and what is evil.

Who but man can place words to the thoughts of God.

Regards
DL

27th Jun, 2018 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

Look at this way… when you have a child, if that child grows up to be a criminal do we say you created a criminal? Freedom of choice is part of what makes God - God. Plus there has to be a balance in the universe or we would not know the benefits of following the good.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Did God Create Evil?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,