Dad Destroys Laptop To Punish Daughter

Dad Destroys Laptop Punish Daughter - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Jun, 2013 - 5:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Video Available Tough love or too extreme?
8th Jun, 2013 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

I will post the video shortly for you all to watch and decide. At the mean time, let me explain this is something that happened last year but I thought it would be interesting to discuss. Do you guys think the father went too far or was an appropriate punishment?

international QUOTE
After spending six hours and $130 fixing and upgrading his 15-year-old daughter's laptop computer, Tommy Jordan was furious when he found a disrespectful, expletive-laced post on her Facebook page called "To My Parents" The very next day.

"I'm not your darn slave," The rant begins. "If you want coffee, get off your a** and get it yourself."

She thought she had blocked her mom and dad from being able to read it on Facebook, but she was wrong. So her dad (who works in IT) decided to do something about it.
"She chose to publicly embarrass her family and herself on Facebook. So I chose to make the punishment equally as embarrassing and equally as public," He said. "I was always taught that what's good for the goose is good for the gander."

He made a video of himself reading her post and shooting holes in her computer with his handgun -- and then he posted the video on YouTube and Facebook for Hannah and her friends to see when they got home from school. Some viewers say the video shows a good father meting out some tough love. Others say he went way overboard. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2013 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daughter Punish Laptop Destroys Dad

I think this was a good way of telling your daughter that your not going to take any gruff from her. Most of todays teens in the USA are arrogant and disrespectful to say the least. I read about this father and how he took her laptop. I think it was a good punishment.

10th Jun, 2013 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Dad Destroys Laptop To Punish Daughter Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I thought it was too extreme and a waste of good hardware. The least he could of done is just sell it but he obviously is a lover of drama.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2013 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

He wanted to embarrass his daughter like she embarrassed his wife and him over a public forum. I think this was a way to do it. I believe this method would help a child learn.

10th Jun, 2013 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

There are lots of ways to do that without taking a gun and shooting an expensive piece of equipment. Thinking about this now it could be that this was just a dummy case and the real laptop is somewhere else because all he did was show us a closed laptop.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2013 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well being in IT I am sure that he was able to get a nice cheap laptop that he parted out and made it look like his daughters laptop. I do not know for sure but it would not surprise me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jun, 2013 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Dad Destroys Laptop Punish Daughter

I remember this video from a while ago. When I first watched this, I completely agreed with the dad. And I still do. It's most likely a laptop he bought so he had every right to do with it as he pleased. And considering that he claims to have warned her before, public embarrassment was probably the only way he could use to keep his daughter away from disrespecting him. It's a bit barbaric, but sometimes a show of - power? - is needed.

10th Jun, 2013 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Dad Destroys Laptop Punish Daughter Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

What kind of psychological affect will this have on the daughter? Using a gun? This can spell bad for him if there were any family issues brought up in the future.

> TOPIC: Dad Destroys Laptop To Punish Daughter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,