Assertive Networks

Assertive Networks - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th May, 2011 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Who are they at: 66.154.102.*
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2006 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Assertive Networks

Assertive Networks

What do you know about Assertive Networks? They operate like a spider using 66.154.102.* and yet claim on their web site to be: "Assertive Networks specializes in value-added high-capacity, high-performance Internet transit and transport, serving SME markets". Ref. AssertiveNetworks.net

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2006 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Networks Assertive

These people at that IP have been swallowing bandwidth here looking for what I do not know. The are an ISP as it were and yet I can find no relationship with any Search Engine.

13th Jan, 2006 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Assertive Networks Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Could you please verify this information. I have done just a little research of my own and found that while assertivenetworks.com is owned it is not operational. However assertivenetworks.net is in operation and does fit the description you mention. I have however been unable to accurately match the first 3 octets of the IP address sting to this site. I show them to currently reside on 66.154.97.*. This could be a mirrored server of sorts but I am not sure. What kind of data traffic were you experiencing? Does it still seem to be affecting anything?

13th Jan, 2006 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Networks Assertive

Yes, it is .net, I corrected Neo's post. As far as problems, they are just eating up bandwidth by bringing on multiple connections at that IP. I have since this post banned that IP number. It seems they have done the same thing on other sites, but I am unable to tell what the reason is since I do not see any kind of bot/spider/se info... strange.

20th Jan, 2006 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

Networks Assertive

Upon further investigation:

The IP address that is relative to the domain is also registered for a complete hosting conglomeration of different web sites for their business as well as hosting for other companies. You will also find BCHosting.com replies from the same address. I believe the trouble you are having determining where the traffic is originating from is because of a multi tier proxy handler. I believe this to be a linux box but I am unable to confirm this without investing more time into it. Possibly a spider of sorts is residing behind this proxy and or someone from within has accessed your domain and you may be receiving traffic as the proxy attempts to keep a current update of all pages and references. I find this to be a problem with many novice admins as they setup a proxy and do not limit the amount of data from any one site that they attempt to cache. If bandwidth continues to be a problem from this traffic please let me know and I will investigate further.

Offtopic but,
They are running a rather old version of a 3com PIX firewall, kind of pathetic in a way.

Reconcile Edited: bwren on 20th Jan, 2006 - 4:37am

20th Jan, 2006 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Assertive Networks

Bwren, that was good research. They have not disturbed me since I banned their IP, and I have not looked back as I am not interested in a non-productive bot / spider / hogger in visiting the site. If it were google of course they could spider all they want, but not an unknown source that may just be indexing info for their own privy. Thanks again for checking.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th May, 2011 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Assertive Networks

Name: Yasir

Comments: Today, when I opened my facebook account, it was showing this--

Your account was recently accessed from a location we're not familiar with. Please review the activity details below:

Near Vancouver, BC, CA (Today at 11:04am) from Firefox for WinXP. The IP address is 66.154.107.179

When I googled,I found some information about this address
where I read the netname as Assertivenetworks

How this can happen and what does assertivenetworks do?

> TOPIC: Assertive Networks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,