Obesity - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Oct, 2017 - 1:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Middle aged and healthy? Are you sure?
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2006 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obesity

STUDY: MID-LIFE OBESITY A THREAT BY ITSELF

Middle-age people who are overweight but have normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels are kidding themselves if they think their health is just fine.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/diet.fitnes...s.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2006 - 8:44am / Post ID: #

Obesity
A Friend

Obesity

I think that it is folly to believe that you are healthy at any point if you are overweight. I am over weight myself, but I am no fool, I know its not good for me. I am always trying to keep my blood pressure down and lose weight. Carrying around extra fat cannot be considered healthy just because you don't have multiple problems with your body.

11th Apr, 2010 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Obesity Health & Special Psychology

On National Geographic's documentary "Taboo" there was an episode on Obesity and one doctor mentioned that Obesity has been recently linked to a bigger risk of having dementia.

11th Apr, 2010 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Obesity

I wonder if that link is made by the garbage that a lot of people eat. There are a lot of funky thinks in food these days especially foods that many obese people consume in large doses.

Beyond that I am starting to worry about my weight more and more as I am getting older. I think most people realize "you are what you eat". The problem I see is many people are not aware of what they are actually eating. Look at the ingredients to what you are eating. There are about 30 or so weird named chemicals or whatever in just about anything you eat these days. I have no idea what these chemicals are or what they do. On top of that corporations don't seem to really care if they send out a shipment of contaminated foods. They are more worried about achieving their quota for that day.

11th Apr, 2010 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Obesity

Artificial ingredients especially all the "-Zates", "-Phines" and so forth that are preservatives go somewhere in your body, but I think the added weight restricts blood flow to the brain as well. Being Obese causes multiple problems: cancer, heart disease, low immune system and more.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2016 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Obesity

Scientists uncover a potential approach to combat obesity in those prone to weight gain

For the first time scientists have kick-started the natural process by which genetically predisposed obese mice gain weight, opening new potential approaches to fight off obesity. The study suggests that impaired brown adipose tissue, otherwise known as 'brown fat,' drives obesity, and by stimulating heat production in this fatty tissue, weight-management and glucose tolerance can be improved. Ref. Source 4n.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2016 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Obesity

Are brain changes fueling overeating in the obese?

Obese mice are much more likely than lean mice to overeat in the presence of environmental cues, a behavior that could be related to changes in the brain, finds a new study. Ref. Source 9c.

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2017 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Obesity Psychology Special & Health

Obesity: Engineered proteins lower body weight in mice, rats and primates. Researchers have created engineered proteins that lowered body weight, bloodstream insulin, and cholesterol levels in obese mice, rats, and primates. Source 5i.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Obesity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,