Cat Lady - Cat Hoarding

Cat Lady Cat Hoarding - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Mar, 2014 - 1:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th Nov, 2009 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Cat Lady - Cat Hoarding

Cat Lady - Cat Hoarding

I was watching a documentary about Cat Ladies, women who keep many cats: 10,12,16 and so forth. One lady had 123! The psychologist interviewed for this show mentioned that a typical Cat Lady uses the cats for a sense of security of something missing in their own life. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2009 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

Hoarding Cat Lady Cat

When I was single, I often would say I would end up being a woman with lots of cats. I definitely think its a loneliness thing and security. Cats are very independent creatures, but at the same time, they can be very loyal and loving animals (Lucy sits on my knee, purring her head off as I write this). The purring is a indication the animal loves you and lets face it, everyone wants to be loved. With fifty cats around you, thats a lot a love! wink.gif

14th Nov, 2009 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Cat Lady - Cat Hoarding Health & Special Psychology

Jchampers, are you saying you hoard cats or you're just commenting that you thought you might end up hoarding cats? How many cats do you own?

Actually, in the same interview with the psychologist the interviewer asked how do you know when you have too many cats and the psychologist replied that you have too many cats when you stop taking care of yourself.

15th Nov, 2009 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Hoarding Cat Lady Cat

international QUOTE (JB @ 13-Nov 09, 10:44 PM)
The psychologist interviewed for this show mentioned that a typical Cat Lady uses the cats for a sense of security of something missing in their own life. What are your thoughts?

I wonder if these psychologists have to graduate from college in order to give their diagnosis..well, isn't that obvious? Nobody has 100 something cats just because they love cats!

15th Nov, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Hoarding Cat Lady Cat

Ha ha! Its all right JB, my husband and I have one cat. I often thought I would end up with many cats before I met my husband. smile.gif

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2014 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cat Lady - Cat Hoarding

Fur flies over cat-trap call

An Invercargill woman whose three dozen cats are infuriating her neighbours is now keeping them inside her house, a move that could result in a prosecution under the Health Act. Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Cat Lady - Cat Hoarding

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,