This Vile Thing

This Vile Thing - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 15th Jan, 2006 - 11:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2006 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

This Vile Thing
A Friend

This Vile Thing

It's a vile thing
Drenched in pain
A crusted vain
Whoever said it could be free?

Lied.

On it's scrawny legs
It's corkscrew eyes
A stomach full of flies
Conservation by the mass?
(An abomination)

Lied.

In the making of mange
It's cackles derange
The whips and chains
A heart filled baker?

Lied

With it's arms in vain
A playful thing
Morally insane
Tried to guess this creatures name?

Lied

It's a dreadful thing
A horrid feeling
Right before the end
Let lovers love and lose a loss

For tidings of a lust-filled game.

Fame

Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2006 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Thing Vile This

This is interesting, pessimistic prose, and it almost seems like it will fit the bill of a punk / metal theme. I am unsure as to if your emphasis about 'lied' and 'fame' are really the underlying subjects of the poem. Please do explain.

Offtopic but,
I noticed you joined to play RPGs, however, with your posting rate you will not reach there, you may want to pick up the pace. If you have questions you may wish to ask them in your intro thread.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2006 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

This Vile Thing
A Friend

This Vile Thing Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

For starters, I'm posting the old things I have, that I recently find and such up, until the new- So I myself can't pretend to acknowledge the feeling behind the words.

Lied was figuratively used, as in the thing was suppose to be a creature, but in terms yielding the fact that it's a feeling, so on- The information's lying, or basing someone to believe that it's a creature instead of a feeling, throughout the poem there's bits and pieces that can be used figuratively, standing on it's own legs, bah- it's for the public to really hit with assumptions and such.
And Fame is something we can all relate too, Fame is perceived through your own opinion, the things you see, I'm guessing, whatever you reflect the feeling of fame on. Fame has it's downside though, and not many people realize that.

But here's something else to presume, the things stated can be accepted as a liking, I myself seem to like the things that are socially ugly, more so then beautiful, And fame can correspond with something being great, Lied again in this sense is stressed to deny a feeling instead of a being. But really, it's in your opinion and how it reflects to yourself, as too what the two words should mean.

15th Jan, 2006 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Thing Vile This

Your explanation gives some clarity for your choice of words. How closely can you relate your own day to day activities with this poem or is it just some fleeting thoughts?

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2006 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

This Vile Thing
A Friend

Thing Vile This

I can constantly relate with it, would you not agree that at times people can press their emotions and they way you should act too far, when your giving a poking finger and someone tells you that you've done something wrong, it's not necessarily because you are, in fact wrong, it's because your socially wrong- at the place and current ideals of that land. So on, as an artistic bystander I hate being told the things I think are beautiful are ugly, and so on- as I've said earlier I enjoy the things that seem to be, socially ugly (and this happens to be of the constant). I can't blame people for their accusations though, it's their opinion, and mine happens to differ.

I can't argue that I probably vented writing this, and as I'm sure the feeling behind this was something I'd probably related to, back then, too- I just haven't read it forever and couldn't pretend to know.

Reconcile Edited: MaliceGrover on 15th Jan, 2006 - 11:23pm

> TOPIC: This Vile Thing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,