Tennis - Page 2 of 4

Paes and Black win US Open title Indian tennis - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 5th Sep, 2008 - 1:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Tennis News General Tennis Discussion
4th May, 2006 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Tennis - Page 2

I have always questioned the Williams sisters' commitment to tennis. I'm not denying the talent they have, it just seems they've been distracted over the last couple of years and they may not be dedicating enough time to training and strengthening. That could explain the string of injuries they have been plagued with. I hope to see them back in the game in top form. They were exciting to watch.

In other news, Andre Agassi is set to return to tennis soon. He's my favorite player on the men's side. I would love to see him win Wimbledon and US Open this year and then retire a winner, similar to Pete Sampras.

Sponsored Links:
4th May, 2006 - 7:47am / Post ID: #

Tennis

I don't question the Williams sister's commitment, they have had a lot of stuff outside tennis to contend with including the death of their sister.

I also think the reason why they aren't so dominant anymore is because the other women have caught up. The Russians, Belgians and others are playing as good, if not better, tennis than when the Williams reigned supreme. The Williams will be back, they are great talents and have that winning mentality.

I like Agassi too but I think he is a spent force. Federer is just unbelievable, as good as Sampras in my mind, and Nadal is unstoppable on clay.

4th May, 2006 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Tennis Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Don't you get the feeling that Agassi is somehow trying to live up to the legacy that Sampras set? I don't know but I get that impression as he always seems to make a return to prove something. The only goal left for him is Grand Slam titles, and I don't think he has a chance at Sampras' record. Federer, on the other hand, has a great chance at that as he is still young, and in great health. I agree with Arvhic, while Agassi is fun to watch, he needs to hang it up.

5th May, 2006 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tennis

I'm not sure why Agassi is still playing on the pro circuit, I imagine it is for a love of the game. He has nothing more to achieve. He holds one unique record that Sampras, and most other champions don't. He has won a grand slam on every surface. This places him in a very exclusive club with the likes of Rod Laver, arguably the greatest player in history.

Agassi has been a great player for many years, a true gentleman, and I hope he doesn't leave the game at a low.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2006 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Tennis

MAURESMO WINS FIRST WIMBLEDON TITLE

Amelie Mauresmo stormed back after dropping the opening set Saturday to capture her first career Wimbledon championship.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...mens-final.html

9th Jul, 2007 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Tennis

What are your thoughts on the recent 2007 Tennis Wimbledon Championships? Is it just me or does everyone that participate seem to look like a model?

Besides that, I was surprised with some players who came a bit on the chubby side and it did slow them down tremendously. I would have thought that competition at this level would force participants to slim down.

JON WERTEHIM: PARTING SHOTS FROM A WET AND WILD WIMBLEDON

Cleaning out the notebook from a wild and wet Wimbledon. Some random notes and thoughts, trying to incorporate as many of your questions as possible.
Ref. https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ings/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2008 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Tennis - Page 2

Tennis Winners

WIMBLEDON, England - Rafael Nadal has ended Roger Federer's five years of dominance at Wimbledon, beating the top-ranked player in a riveting five-set final.
Ref. USAToday

Venus Williams wins her fifth Wimbledon singles title with a 7-5, 6-4 victory over her sister, Serena.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2008 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Tennis Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Paes and Black win US Open title

Indian tennis star Leander Paes and partner Zimbabwean Cara Black win the mixed doubles title at the US Open.
Ref. Source 5

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Tennis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,