Kaedrien Introduction

Kaedrien Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 17th Jan, 2006 - 6:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Medieval RPGer
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2006 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 5
Flag Posts: 12
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.0%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 2

Kaedrien Introduction

Hello, you can call me Kaedrien, Kaed, or something else as long as its nice. Obviously I am new here, hence the intro. I joined in order to play the medieval rpg. I have played in various rpg's for a little over six months, and right now I am enjoying sites where there is more expected of the posts beyond three or four sentances. Honestly, I can go on for paragraphs at a time. I love to write, so rpging has fast become one of my favorite hobbies. As a matter of fact, I get nervous making occ posts, as I am a really shy person, so I hope I do all right here. Let's see, a little more about me...I am finished with high school and am now in college, which I enjoy so much more. I have four dogs and two cats. I love being outdoors when I am not online so winter is not my favorite of seasons. Really, I am being boring all around, and my characters are much more interesting.

Glad to be here, hope to chat with many if not all of you soon.
Thanks for reading, and I hope this wasn't too bad.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 16th Jan, 2006 - 9:53pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2006 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Kaedrien

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

So, Ye be seeking Adventure eh? Well meh friend we be ready to have ye onboard. Ye may wish to have a look at our RPG Page for requirements. These links may also be proven useful to such dragon slayers as thyself:

Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2006 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,014
Flag Posts: 51,671
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.10 FP
Charm: 394

Kaedrien Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the Community. It is good to have a writer on board! One of the main things you will need to do now is get your 30 posts and remain active if you wish to group RPG or you can see the Member Wars section for Free Form RPGing. Either way, do look over the lins given you for tips and if you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2006 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

Introduction Kaedrien

JB, thank you for the welcome. I feel a little less nervous already. Although I shouldn't have called myself a writer. It's just something that gives me great pleasure. I intend to try my best to do my thirty posts so I can try the game here. Sadly, for me, I am undeniably poor at small talk, and I tend to think my opinions are pedantic and uninformed, so it will likely take me a while to fulfill the requirement. But the entire community here seems interesting, so I suspect I will be doing a lot of my second favorite hobby...reading! And if I do get to post in the rpg's it will likely surprise people how I can write and write and write and suddenly have a lot more to say in character.
Again, seriously, thanks for the welcoming reply. It means a lot to me, as one of those quiet folk, it really does.

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 16th Jan, 2006 - 9:53pm
Signature:
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2006 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,014
Flag Posts: 51,671
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.10 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Kaedrien

No need to be nervous, you are doing well. All the warnings that are given are for the teeny boppers who do the exact opposite of what you like to do - read. In fact, only today I had to delete three of them for more than obvious obnoxious conduct.

QUOTE (Kaedrien)
Sadly, for me, I am undeniably poor at small talk

Well most of the 'talk' here is rather deep and only certain Boards cater for what can be considered 'rants', so you should do well as there is a lot of research done by both our Bots and Members, especially in the more heated topics.

Since you like to write, you may wish to start your own text based story then. There is also the Munjpets and many other things, but do not become overwhelmed as this Community is rather large.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

Kaedrien Introduction

Oh J.B., I'm sorry if this reply is out of order or frivolous, but I wanted to clarify my earlier post. 'Small talk' was the wrong way to put it. I think I meant talking in general, really. I have already perused the board and their are so many in depth talks...certainly not small talk as in 'The weather is pretty fine.' This is certainly an interesting place to read through. I know that I joined for the rpg but, I think, if I manage to put my two cents in somewhere in a productive way, that I can be proud of, I will get a lot out of the boards that I didn't intend to get. Such as beling less of the guy that stands quietly against the wall. Hope this made sense, and again and finally, thanks for the welcome, the advice, and the patience.

Be well

Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 7:20am / Post ID: #

Kaedrien Introduction
A Friend

Kaedrien Introduction

Speaking as another person of many words, your posts are detailed without empty verbosity. It's tough to start, but start we must...

You have purpose to your posts, not as some "teeny bopper" as J.B. put it, or some "l00t d00d" elite-poser (I existed when hackers meant the people who put together the computers, programs, and community of today.)

But fear is something that often accomplishes newness. The only thing you can do is...well..do.

Be active, post, respond to what you find interesting that people say. The purpose of dialouge is understanding.
We have two interpretations most of the time:
What is being said, and
what is being understood.

Unfortunately, what we try to explain is not always understood, especially those of us who are introverted when it comes to social skills.

But even people more reserved can find their ways to thrive. Take a look at gaming. It's a way for people to express themselves in a comfortable (for them) environment. While others more used to face-to-face talking may think that acting or gaming is a way for people to hide from others.
Both may be right.

What's important is you do what you like, and forget what others think as long as you don't hurt anybody.

So welcome, fellow newbie. It's nice to meet you.

And although I use humor in my posts (see my intro,) this was 100% honest and true. I hope it helped, and see you in the forums.

And in the realm of gaming.

An t da Dwarve dat speak ta ya, I'll se yer kin quite suun!

Message Edited!
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the User above you.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

Kaedrien Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Hey thanks Truthseeker, I will keep what you have said in mind. And yeah, I know that the rules are in place to discourage teeny-boppers, not to discourage ...um, non teeny boppers who are unsure of themselves in forum type situations. And another good point was that as I mean no one any harm, the worst I could probably do is post an opinion that is only objectionable because it is plain silly.

Thanks for taking the time to welcome a fellow newbie and remind me that when your heart is in a good place people aren't going to bite your head off!

Be well

Signature:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Kaedrien Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,