World Greed Strategy Revealed

World Greed Strategy Revealed - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 17th May, 2008 - 2:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 
Not afraid to tell how you win?
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2006 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

What is your personal Strategy when it comes to winning at World Greed?

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2006 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Revealed Strategy Greed World

There are certain key crossings that must be protected at all costs. Discovering where these places are is another story, but once you know where they are the trick is to mass your troops there, keep it as a root of your operations, and then venture outward. In doing this your enemy will find it hard to remove you.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2006 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

World Greed Strategy Revealed Reviews RPG & Card Board

Cant say I have played the communities online version of risk but have played the pc and original board equivalent many, many times. Here is a quick run down of how to succeed in both:

1. Secure a well defender base of operations - Try if possible to gain control one of the smaller continents as quickly possible, either Australiasia or South-America. Though small (just 4 territories), once you gain all the continent you will earn a good bonus of extra troops and most importantly they are exceptionally easy to defend with only one (Australiasia) or two (S. America) access points allowing you to mass your forces, which is the true key to success in risk. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT LOSING ALL YOUR OTHER TERRITORIES THE GAIN IS IMMEASURABLY BETTER THEN THE LOSS

2. Pick a second continent to invade and stick it - May sound as though you are putting all your eggs into one basket but trust me but victory lies in attacking in mass and through strength, DONT SPLIT YOUR FORCES IT WILL NOT PAY DIVIDENDS. Simply secure you borders and attack in one place. This is where controlling S. America really pays off. Its next too two easily defendable yet profitable continents, although with a choice between N. America and Africa always go with N. America. With it fully under your control you will only gain a good troop bonus at the cost of just one more border (just 3 in total at this stage, one in brazil, one in Alaska and another in Greenland). Expansion from Australiasia is much more problematic. Forced to go through Asia, which though not to difficult to take (and had the best troop bonus in the game) is difficult to defend. It has a myriad of borders, defending all of which is exceptionally difficult this early on, it would not be difficult for an opponent to disrupt you plans.

3. Conquest, Disruption and Defence - By this stage most players will have established themselves in a certain area. It will be clear at this stage that you real opponents are, those who acquired have a continent and get a firm defence. Those without a secure footing will likely be destroyed in this stage of the game. Like before you again pick one place and through everything at it but a new element comes into play the art of disruption. The continent bonuses are very important in gaining extra troops thus if you can take these away you will inflict severe damage on your enemy. From your base in the Americas move invade Africa (in doing so increase your strength) while taking the most eastern territory of Asia and Iceland (stopping anyone from gaining the whole of Europe or Asia thus ensuring no-one can gain the large troop bonus the possession can give). Remember people will try and do exactly the same thing to you, you cannot afford to lose even a single territory in the Americas or you risk losing substantial amount of troops. A strong border defence will be needed and the less borders you have the better position you will be in.

I cant promise victory will be ensured through following this strategy a lot of risk is in the rolling if you through bad rolls your are going to do badly. However by the following this strategy you will be in a very good position to win and with some moderately good rolls be among the few scrapping it out for control of the world in the end.

I will now mention the other critical factor to victory and defeat that so often humbles even the mightiest empire. THIS IS EXCEPTIONALLY IMPORTANT. I am talking about sets

Every turn as long as you conquer one territory you will receive a card picturing a foot soldier, a cavalryman, a cannon or even all 3 (the actual design may very depending on the edition you play). If you get 3 of the same (for example 3 cannons) or 1 of each of the 3 types (the card with all 3 pictures can be used to represent any of them) you can swap them at the beginning of your turn for a set. The first set is just 4 units, but with each and every set they go up and up in the late stages of the game a set could be worth in excess of 100 units, far more then you could hope to gain through standard means. Thus getting sets is all-important especially in the later stages of the game.

My first suggestion is that whether you can hold it or not ensure that every turn if possible you conquer at least one territory. You can lose it straight away as long as you gain that all-important card. Secondly don't only go for territories go for people, if you are the one responsible for knocking someone out of the game (by taking there last territory) you receive all the cards the have amassed. This gets all important at the end, the few people left will literally throw all they have got the be the one to gain the cards from a doomed player. Lastly be wary even a player with a weak empire can be a serious threat if he has a large number of cards. If you"re throwing everything you have fighting a serious contender the last thing you want is for someone you have completely overlooked on your borders to cash in a huge set and proceed to dismantle your infrastructure from behind. How often the mighty fall because someone has disrupted their empire while you are busy fighting elsewhere. More then once I have fallen foul of this, one moment at the of the world with an average production of nearly 20 units, next moment production is reduced to a mere 5. The more desperate their situation the more likely they are to use the extra units gained from sets, not to secure their own base but disrupt your operations. This often plays a critical role in shaping the final result

I feel this further shows just how unpredictable risk is. I go into game expecting to do well, and in spite of the fact I win more then most not once do I go in expecting to. The above strategy will help you to a good start, nothing more and ironically an even good start can be your downfall. I lost both the last two games I played for being too good, a lot of the people I play with literally will gang up to remove me. In quickly amassing a territory and power, this attracts a lot of envy and everyone with sense attempts to wipe me out before I can gain ascendancy

15th May, 2008 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Thanks for the tips. Looking over them I just realized I forgot how to get the cards. That is a biggie! Looking forward to trying out some of the strategy suggestions.

16th May, 2008 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

The card are given max one per turn every time you defeat and take over another country. You seem to have studied this rather well by what I see in the game.

Post Date: 16th May, 2008 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I just attack and attack and hope for the best. Sometimes I got lucky and other times I went down in flames. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th May, 2008 - 9:09am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (krakyn @ 16-May 08, 9:05 AM)
You seem to have studied this rather well by what I see in the game.

Thanks! I have been trying to get better and feel that at least I am part of the game--the first two I played with JB--I didn't know what hit me!

KNtoran--I know what you mean about attack and hope for the best! There was one turn where I kept attacking and I never did conquer the territory I was attacking! I lost like 6 or 7 armies trying! UGH!

Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

World Greed Strategy Revealed Board Card & RPG Reviews

If you were attacking me that has happened to both JB and krakyn. They think my armies are on steroids. laugh.gif

Yes you have to have a good die roll sometimes the dice are in your favor other times they are not.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: World Greed Strategy Revealed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,