Faith, Fate & Destiny

Faith Fate Destiny - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 19th Jan, 2006 - 4:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2006 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Faith, Fate & Destiny

Faith, Fate & Destiny

Many Christians view life differently based on their religious school of thought. The Bible teaches that one must have Faith. What does Faith mean to you and how does it compare to Fate and Destiny?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2006 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Faith, Fate & Destiny
A Friend

Destiny and Fate Faith

I love the Bible's definition of faith:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1

To me, faith varies greatly from fate. Faith is putting your trust that God will take care of you and that He has a plan for your life. You have to find out what it is, and you have to follow God's will in order to be where He wants you to be.

Fate is more of a luck thing, in my belief. Fate is coincidence just for coincidence sake. It has nothing to do with God or direction but just being in the "right place at the right time" sort of deal.

Destiny also desn't really fit into my belief system. Destiny, while it does have a plan involved, is more of an unchanging plan. Destiny is the belief that no matter what you do, you cannot change what your life will be like. With destiny, a person has no say so over the direction their life will take. "My dad was a fisherman, his dad was a fisherman, his dad before that was a fisherman. It's destiny. I have to be a fisherman."

> TOPIC: Faith, Fate & Destiny

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,