Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

Scenarios that are a bit more than what you expected?
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Surprising Themes

Surprising Themes

A human's attention can be awakened by something that is unusual or out of the ordinary. In RPGing, what has been the most Surprising Theme you have heard or seen a Game Master place before you as the next adventure?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2006 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Surprising Themes
A Friend

Themes Surprising

The most surprising theme I saw was actually in a box campaign. It was in Ravenloft and we were locked in an Asylum. It was actually really creepy and I was not the least bit upset when my character dove off the roof of the asylum and died on the jagged rocks below. I wanted out of there.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2006 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Surprising Themes
A Friend

Surprising Themes Reviews RPG & Card Board

It have had a lot of strange circumstances in D&D, one of note that is seriously advisable is the intro of diff. game into an existing one. In one of my first D&D campaigns we had been playing for best part of a year, and we knew we had to finish soon so the GM decided we would go out in a bang and wanted us to fight seriously high level characters (level 30 reincarnation of Vecna with Sword of Kas)despite being only level 14 . So while we were searching a huge ancient dwarven citadel for the orb of the Red dragon, when we came across an millennia old ruin in the deeper tunnels this turned out to be spaceport and we played for next several hours in a futuristic setting according to a compatible but completely separate rulebook. We ended up coming out armed to teeth in powersuits and holding photon missile launchers, thus the final battle ensued with hilarious side-effects. A very good way to finish a highly enjoyable campaign with a twist.

26th Feb, 2009 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Themes Surprising

There was one DM I know that did everything crazy. We entered this town where everyone was a vampire and we didn't last very long.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Surprising Themes
A Friend

Themes Surprising

There is always a little twist in all my games. The fun part is finding it. smile.gif

18th Jul, 2009 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Surprising Themes

When gms introduce love affairs in the game I think that is kinda whacky.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Surprising Themes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,