Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

D&D Character Class Discussion
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Bard

Bard

What do you think about this Character Class in the Dungeon & Dragons or (AD&D) system of role-playing? Consider the following:

1. Fighting ability (attack skills, use of weapons)
2. Unique skills (thievery, bless, talk to animals, etc.)
3. Magical skills (ability to use and acquire magic)
4. Tendency to progress (easy to go up in levels)
5. Limitations (cannot carry or use certain objects)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2006 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Bard
A Friend

Bard

Here is a general description of a bard.

A bard is a person who is schooled in many different areas but master of none. A bard has an openminded view on life and their songs are welcome everywhere. Bards are well known for their knowledge of magical items (lore) and the ability to spur on other party members when the going gets tough (bard song). Although the bard is a formidable foe if used correctly I do not use them in every rpg due to the fact they can be annoying after a while.

Fighting ability:- Bards are average fighters and are proficient with the majority of weapons.

Unique skills:- A bards unique skills are that of the bard song. A song that boosts the moral of fellow party members. Bard song also increases attack rolls somewhat. Another unique skill bards excel in is lore, the knowledge of magical items or the ability to work out what the magical item is.

Magical skills:- A bard has one of the lore ratings in the rpg realm and they can use several different types of magical items and in certain circumstances they have even been known to cast a spell or two.

Tendency to progress:- A bard does not take to long to level up and with each level gained their bard song increases in potency affecting more enemys.

Limitations:- A bard is limited to leather armours but other than that there is not much else limiting a bard.

I have heard of certain bard songs that have a negative effect on the enemy, though I'm not to sure as I've never seen one.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 9:36am / Post ID: #

Bard
A Friend

Bard Reviews RPG & Card Board

Does anyone actually play D&D as bard?

I have played a number of campaigns with many different people and not once did someone play a bard. Its seems a very mediocre class in nearly every way, okay at everything from thieving to casting spells but good at nothing. However I don't ever play as a bard, my knowledge is based on what I have read. If you do play as a bard I would like to know some insights about the class.

Reconcile Edited: Roehug on 7th Mar, 2006 - 9:37am

Post Date: 4th May, 2008 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Bard
A Friend

Bard

I like playing bards. They are like a multiclass base class. I'm into roleplaying as much as combat and there is no other class better at roleplaying than a bard. Plus, bards have a lot of skills at their disposal is they know how to use them.

20th Jan, 2009 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Bard

I have played a number of campaigns with many different people and not once did someone play a bard.

Same here. I think the requirements for creating a bard were too difficult.

> TOPIC: Bard

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,