Artist Influence

Artist Influence - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 6th Feb, 2006 - 6:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

American Football
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Artist Influence

Artist Influence

Do you find that your style is unique to you or do you feel you are influenced by another artist? If so, by who and why do you feel it necessary to try and import their style into your work?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2006 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Artist Influence
A Friend

Influence Artist

I have to admit...and it's obvious to anyone that looks at any of my sketches...that I'm influenced most by Amy Brown.

https://amybrownart.com

She's one of the most well-known fantasy artists today, and since I'm working hard to launch my own fantasy art site, I almost feel that I can't help but be influenced by her. Sometimes, I give in to the urges to look at her work...But I draw the line at form. I may...and probably have in the past...draw a faery that looks similar in form and shape to hers, but I feel that my own personal use of color, background, and textures gives the piece its own uniqueness.

I don't beat myself up over it. We as artists cannot help but be influenced by other artists. Granted, sometimes I look at one of my pieces and it just SCREAMS Brown. So, I stash it in the back of my own personal collection.

You just have to remember that there's no harm in looking and learning, as long as you're not copying. After all, Amy Brown was first influenced by Brian Froud....I don't believe that we can grow as artists if we do not allow ourselves to be influenced by the things around us.

Oh well, that's my opinion!
Amy

> TOPIC: Artist Influence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,