Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering

Voice Dungeon Mastering - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 1st Jul, 2013 - 1:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering Altering your voice to sound like the NPC for a better effect while tabletop role-play gaming.
28th Jun, 2013 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Has anyone ever did tabletop role-play gaming with a Dungeon Master that did the voices of the characters too? Like if your party was talking with a goblin instead of just saying what the goblin said he would try to put this goblin voice! I don't know if that takes away from the game or not. Sometimes it was Ok other times I felt like I was in kiddies story time.

Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2013 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mastering Dungeon While Voice

I never have been in a game where a Dungeon Master has done a voice over or tried to talk as a character in the game. I do not think it would take away from the game that much. Maybe add some humor to the game.

28th Jun, 2013 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering Reviews RPG & Card Board

I been to a gaming group where the Dungeon Master was from England and when he did the parts for the humans like blacksmith it sounded really good but when he did it for creatures it was not so good and I really wished he didn't try, poor guy.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2013 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I can see how that can be interesting at times but not all the time. Like I said adding some humor into the game is good but too much of it can get old and annoying I guess. I would have to experience that to really understand I think.

28th Jun, 2013 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

I don't think he was doing it with a mind to be humorous, he wanted to really role play the role not just by saying what happened but also how it sounds too.

29th Jun, 2013 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

I don't know if I'd like that because I will be hearing the same voice for each part and after a bit the entertainment value will turn into being annoying. For me being more descriptive is better than trying to imitate what a creature might sound like.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jun, 2013 - 10:29am / Post ID: #

Voice While Dungeon Mastering

What happens when the voice is not the same gender as the Dungeon Master? I think its better left out so no one is expecting an award winning performance.

1st Jul, 2013 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Voice While Dungeon Mastering Board Card & RPG Reviews

For me that would be like totally creepy so I'm saying "No" Don't do that. I prefer more detail in game that hearing voice imitations.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Voice Over While Dungeon Mastering

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,