Baby Shower

Baby Shower - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Jul, 2006 - 8:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Ever held one / been to one?
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Baby Shower

Baby Shower

Have you ever been to a Baby Shower? What are some of the neat ideas you have seen as far as the actual celebration and gifts given?

FOR PERFECT BABY SHOWER, TRY CRAFTS INSTEAD OF GAMES AND PLENTY OF GIFTS

A baby shower is supposed to be a happy occasion, so why do so many people cringe at the thought of attending one? Sometimes it's even the mother-to-be who is thinking of an excuse to leave before it starts.
Ref. deseretnews.com

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2006 - 9:45am / Post ID: #

Shower Baby

We don't have this celebration in the UK, but I really don't know whether I would fancy attending one anyway!
We do however make a big fuss when the baby is born, and presents are given and loads of photos are taken.
Bringing a new life into the world is a very precious time, but each to their own how it is celebrated!

6th Apr, 2006 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Baby Shower Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

As far as my experience has been, that is basically what a baby shower is - throwing a fuss and giving lots of presents. And I would assume that people started having them before the baby was born so that the parents would have the items given as gifts all ready for the baby.

I've never dreaded going to a baby shower, I think they are fun! Sometimes you can see the baby, sometimes, not, but there are always fun games and activities and good food, and usually a favor to take home. My husband doesn't particularly like them (but I know he'll appreciate it when we have babies), I think it is because sometimes it's for people he doesn't even know, so I am having all the fun and spending money on a gift.

Like I said, I enjoy baby showers! I am excited to have them when I have my own babies, so long as I don't have to plan them! biggrin.gif Some things I have done at them in the past are:

Making a baby scrapbook
plaing "baby Taboo" - a version of the board game "Taboo" with baby words
tying quilts or blankets
Playing "guess the candybar" - a (gross) game where different candy bars are kind of mushed up on diapers and you have to guess what kind they are (without the wrapper of course).

24th Jul, 2006 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Shower Baby

The sisters of my Church throw me a surprise Baby shower a week before my son Jonah was born. They all gather together at this place for a tea party (without the real tea wink.gif ) at the top of this Mount here in Trinidad. The view is amazing! They give me LOTS of presents and we all ate and had a good time.

> TOPIC: Baby Shower

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,