Trinidad And Tobago Traffic Accidents

Trinidad Tobago Traffic Accidents - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Aug, 2013 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Make sure to also visit: Crime TTCrime.com
2nd Jul, 2013 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad And Tobago Traffic Accidents

I read in the papers about road accidents every single day so I thought it needed it's own thread. For this year alone 82 people have died as result of traffic related accidents.

international QUOTE
TWO MEN were killed in separate road accidents yesterday, taking the road fatality toll for the year to 82.

The victims have been identified as Junior Madoo 37, of Chaguanas, and Sahadeo Ragoonanan, 30, of Tunapuna.

Madoo died after his car spun out of control and crashed in Caroni, while Sahadeo was killed while attempting to cross the highway.
According to police, at around 4.45 p.m. Madoo, of Lendore village, Enterprise, a supervisor at Carib Brewery Limited, was in his white Honda Civic, driving south along the old Southern Main Road.

Police said when he was 300 meters south of Washington Junction, in Caroni, he lost control and the car spinning several times along the roadway, and struck another vehicle, a Nissan Wingroad. Madoo's vehicle came to a stop in rice field. Source 8

international QUOTE
SHAM DURGADEEN planned to attend his daughter's primary school graduation but that plan was crushed when an early morning accident claimed his life.

His wife Nicole Durgadeen told the Express that a vehicle slammed into the back of his car sending him off the road and into a river.

"Between the hours of 12 to one (Saturday morning), a white Kia truck hit him from the back. His car was a Mazda 323 Familia. He lost control of his vehicle and the car flipped and he ended up in the river," Durgadeen said.

The accident occurred along the south-bound lane of the Uriah Butler Highway. Durgadeen, 38 of Princes Town died on the scene at Guayamare River, Caroni. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2013 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Accidents Traffic Tobago Trinidad

Related Topic to Trinidad And Tobago Vehicle Accidents: Trinidadian Guide To Driving.

23rd Jul, 2013 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Trinidad And Tobago Traffic Accidents Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I know there are some people who are interested in statistics with regards to traffic accidents in Trinidad and Tobago. I found the following:

international QUOTE
Minister of Housing and Environment Dr Roodal Moonilal said there were 188 road fatalities last year.

"If we multiply 188 people by at least five families you will get somewhere in the vicinity of 900 persons. If we look at that in terms of a year we would see that one person dies on the road every 48 hours, which is astonishing. It therefore means that something has to be done."

THERE are 35,000 motor vehicle accidents a year and almost 200 road deaths annually in Trinidad and Tobago Source 9

5th Aug, 2013 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Accidents Traffic Tobago Trinidad

More people dying in our roads. This is truly heartbreaking. My heart goes out to the families at this very difficult time.

international QUOTE
A 33-year-old father of two was killed when his car burst into flames along the Beetham Highway on Monday.

Doodnath Steve Sirju was trapped inside the burning vehicle near the Beetham landfill, at around 3.20am. Police said Sirju, a contractor, was driving east along the highway when he lost control of his BMW 740i and crashed into a tree. The car split into two.

Sirju died before fire officers extinguished the blaze. He lived at Tarouba Road, Marabella, and his family owns Dhanesar Sirju and Sons Limited.

And a 50-year-old man lost his life when his vehicle crashed into a truck on Sunday evening. Rajin Ragoonanan, of Bamboo Settlement No. 1, was driving his gold Nissan Almera along the Carlsen Field Main Road, when it slammed into a truck heading in the opposite direction. Source 8

> TOPIC: Trinidad And Tobago Traffic Accidents

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,