Civilians Training Soldiers

Civilians Training Soldiers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 12:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Is that a good idea?
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2005 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Civilians Training Soldiers

CANADIAN ARMY TO PRIVATIZE SOME WEAPONS TRAINING

Federal opposition parties are criticizing plans by the Canadian Forces to hire private contractors to train new soldiers to use weapons.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ning050706.html

Sponsored Links:
7th Jul, 2005 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Soldiers Training Civilians

I don't think this is a wise move. More penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me.

Initially, those doing the training are likely to be retired military members who have a good understanding of military life and how the weapons will truly be used in the field. However, I am sure, over time, that will change. This will, likely, just become another career choice for some. I don't think someone who hasn't been in a combat organization can truly do an effective job of training those who are or will be in a combat organization.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

7th Jul, 2005 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Civilians Training Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with FBC, but there is a problem in Canada. They don't have many people with combat experience. And they aren't likely to get any, until something really horrendous happens to THEM.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Soldiers Training Civilians

user posted image Visitor's View Point: According to Waiwode, of the Canadian Military:

"Although best handled as a "Train the trainer" situation where the civilian cadre trains a group of military instructors, who in-turn pass the knowledge on again and again.

Doing this a small civilian cadre can create military training cells across the country quickly, and at minimal expense.

Every time we've run "civilian only" training in the past, eventually we've grabbed the reins as the experience grows.

In the modern environment, where new systems and new methodologies can occur frequently, where regional subject-matter-experts are available to fill in a lack of regional expertise, it would be foolish to not take advantage of civilian expertise in training."

> TOPIC: Civilians Training Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,