Animal Rights

Animal Rights - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2013 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Animal Rights Do they have actual rights?
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2004 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Animal Rights

Do you believe animals have actual rights and are thus entitled to be treated a certain way or is that an invention by activists?

Animal Rights
Animal Rights (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Oct, 2004 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Rights Animal

I do not believe that animals have rights. I do believe that humans have the responsibility to be careful and considerate of animals.

Rights imply responsibility on the parts of the "recipient" of the rights. Animals are incapable of accepting responsibility for the use or abuse of their "rights."

25th Apr, 2005 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Animal Rights UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I guess this is as close to dogs having rights, than anything else.

From CNN.com

Turin law: Walk your dog 3 times a day -- or be fined

ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- Dog owners in Turin will be fined up to $650 if they don't walk their pets at least three times a day, under a new law from the city's council.

People will also be banned from dyeing their pets' fur or "any form of animal mutilation" for merely aesthetic motives such as docking dogs' tails, under the law about to be passed in the northern Italian city.

"In Turin it will be illegal to turn one's dog into a ridiculous fluffy toy," the city's La Stampa daily reported.

Italians can already be fined up to 10,000 euros and spend a year in prison if found guilty of torturing or abandoning their pets, but Turin's new rules go into much greater detail.

Dogs may be led for walks by people on bicycles, the rules say, "but not in a way that would tire the animal too much."

I would have a problem with this, not because I want to be cruel to dogs, but because I have a problem with city ordinances telling me what I should and should not do with my pets. If I am being cruel to the pet, that is one thing, but when they are mandating me to exercise the dog a certain number of times a day, then that is going a bit too far. What if I don't have the time during the day to walk the dog 3 times. What about if I have an older dog that cannot exercise as much as a younger dog? How and who is going to monitor whether I have met the daily quota of dog walks? I am an avid dog lover, and will never dream of doing anything unkind to them, but this is a bit too much.

https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/25...reut/index.html

25th Apr, 2005 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Rights Animal

I agree with Xander. I don't walk my dog at all. He has short little legs. He is a miniature Daschund. When he was young and spry he couldn't keep up when walked. I would end up carrying him home. Now, he is 12. No way he wants to be walked. He is beginning to suffer from arthritis. Not to the point where he is in constant pain, but he much rather sleep than walk. When he needs to do his business I just let him out in the yard, he does it and then hobbles back to the door. He isn't overweight or anything so that isn't why.

We tend to go overboard at times...I, too, think this is one of those times.

26th Apr, 2005 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Rights Animal

I believe that animals do have the right to be treated respectfully and cared for properly by their owners. Other than that, as Nighthawk pointed out, there isn't anything that an animal could even be aware of.

Great article, Malexander! Mandating a 3x a day walk for *all* dogs is ridiculous, and eliminating tail cropping? For some dogs you have to crop their tails or you get whipped with them! That's a great example of animal "rights" gone way too far.

25th May, 2005 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Animal Rights

I was thinking about this subject and came across these questions. Consider the following about Animals and 'their' rights especially when scientific research is conducted on them:

* Do scientists care about the animal's comfort?
* Should only certain lesser breeds be used?
* How are animals protected against abuse? Are there observers?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2013 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Animal Rights

Animal Rights Activist Compares Killing Animals to Slavery, Ignores Abortion

What we do to animals is not equivalent to the same actions being done to people! But animal rights types keep making that false comparison. Ref. Source 6

2nd Aug, 2013 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Animal Rights Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Yes I do believe these animals should be treated in a certain way by humans. The problem is that some people in the world don't really think like that because they are used to thinking animals should be treated in whatever way. I believe they should be treated like how the humans are treated.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 2nd Aug, 2013 - 1:59pm

> TOPIC: Animal Rights

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,