Anarchism

Anarchism - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Jan, 2006 - 3:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2006 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Anarchism

Anarchism

What are your thoughts about Anarchism which favors the abolishing of government?

1. The theory or doctrine that all forms of government are oppressive and undesirable and should be abolished.
2. Active resistance and terrorism against the state, as used by some anarchists.
3. Rejection of all forms of coercive control and authority: "He was inclined to anarchism; he hated system and organization and uniformity" (Bertrand Russell).
Ref. Dictionary.com

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2006 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Anarchism
A Friend

Anarchism

While a large portion of government has become corrupt, I don't agree with the belief that it should be completely abolished. Most anarchist believe that, if left alone, the natural law of life would be followed, meaning that everybody would make decisions based on the general good of the people. What many fail to realize is that people breed so much hatrid and selfishness that it would become a society of thinking about what is right and good in each individuals eyes. What I may think is good for society may not necessarily be good for society.

Take speed limit laws. Let's envision a world with no speed limits on the roads. Everybody has their own opinions as to what speeds should be acceptable on different road. What if I think an acceptable speed on an interstate is 120 miles per hour? But somebody else thinks that 65 is the way to go. I'm trucking down the road, and BAM! I just smacked into somebody doing a speed considerably less than my own.

We need that general checks and balances to make sure that we are all on the same page and are, for the most part, following the same laws.

I know a lot of anarchist are associated with violence, and that is a misconception. I have met several several anarchist in my lifetime, and they were against violence. They believed in everybody's right to choose what is right, and they believed that violence was impeding on somebody else's rights. I think it's one of those situations where all we ever hear is the bad news about how anarchists exercise their public show, which could be said of any organization/belief system. Most Muslims are associated with violence because of certain Islamic groups, yet we have been told on this site from a Muslim that it is not the case at all. While I do not agree with the anarchists' belief, I also feel like their existence is misinterpreted as that of a violent group of government haters.

> TOPIC: Anarchism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,