Prophet Muhammad

Prophet Muhammad - Studies of Islam - Posted: 4th Feb, 2006 - 3:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
Prophet Muhammad Quotes محمد بن عبد الله بن عبد المطلب - Prophet Mohammad - His face? The cartoon? The reaction? Muslim Prophet - Islamic Prophet
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2006 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad

Prophet Muhammad

In the human religion of Islam there is no picture shown to represent the Prophet Mohammed for fear that it may become the object of worship. The question is... has anyone ever described what the Prophet Muhammad looked like and couldn't most things be worshipped in idolatry with or without an image?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2006 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad
A Friend

Muhammad Prophet

I think that having an image present makes it easier and more likely that the image will be worshipped. We can see this in other religions in which great people of the faith can be prayed to and looked upon with reverence that is not befitting someone who is dead. While idol worship comes from the heart, one necessarily needs an idol to do idol worship. Most idols are wrought in the mind through the eyes, through seeing it. Therefore, taking that away gives less temptation to build that idol in your mind. Its not a perfect plan, but is a good plan in my opinion.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2006 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prophet Muhammad Islam Studies

Mohammad Blasphemy Row

More cartoons, protests in Mohammad blasphemy row

A dozen Palestinian gunmen surrounded European Union offices in the Gaza Strip. An international row over newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad gathered pace on Thursday as more European dailies printed controversial Danish caricatures and Muslims stepped up pressure to stop them. About a dozen Palestinian gunmen surrounded European Union offices in the Gaza Strip demanding an apology for the cartoons, one of which shows Islam's founder wearing a bomb-shaped turban. Muslims consider any images of Mohammad to be blasphemous.
Ref. nineoclock.ro

3rd Feb, 2006 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Muhammad Prophet

Now there is something I do not understand here. Yes, they made 'fun' of the Prophet Mohammed, but is that a reason to storm buildings and burn flags? I mean, I cannot tell you the countless times people make fun of Christ / God and many other religious figures and no one behaves in that way.

Regarding the actual issue, I have not seen the satyr comics, but I would say that although there are laws governing freedom of speech, people of themselves should use discretion when printing content that could cause such major rioting. People will always be offended, but you do not have to ensure they will be offended by publishing something that is not necessary to say the least. What is more... the paper decides to publish all of them again after the first protest!

3rd Feb, 2006 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Muhammad Prophet

I can see both sides of the story ie freedom of speech vs strong religious beliefs. I can't say I understand or accept how harshly Islamic countries treat Christians and then expect to be respected when they are in a country that has a majority of Christians. I have read about stories where Christians enter an Islamic country and are berated and basically persecuted in the airport because they are Christian. People have had Bibles taken from them and destroyed. While I agree that the Muslims are outraged at the cartoon's depiction of Muhammad, I also believe that they have not been as respectful to those of other religions.

3rd Feb, 2006 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad

In all honesty, I believe this is a case of intellectual religious zealots playing on the minds of the ignorant who will support and chant anything told to them. We have many muslims in Trinidad, a lot of them are devotee, but I doubt something like a cartoon in another country is going to make them riot the local Embassy. I think some clerics know that if they say something insightful to certain Muslims in certain countries / localities then the desired effect will be obtained. I am not saying that protests should not be made, I am just saying that with some Muslims it seems that the approach is do it or do not do it or die as opposed to diplomatic means.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2006 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prophet Muhammad

MUSLIMS MARCH, BURN FLAGS OVER CARICATURES

Violent protests over the publication of editorial cartoons showing the Prophet Muhammad are gaining momentum, with activists threatening to launch "a day of anger" across Europe and the Muslim world.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ersy060203.html

MUSLIMS RAGE OVER CARICATURES

Outrage over caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad erupted in a swell of protests across the Muslim world Friday, with demonstrators demanding revenge against Denmark and death for those they accuse of defaming Islam's holiest figure.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

4th Feb, 2006 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Studies Islam

I just saw a breaking news flash on CNN that said the Danish Embassy in Damascus, Syria was set on fire during protests related to the cartoon defamation of Muhammad. How far will these zealots go to exact their revenge? Will the Muslim community in general speak up against these actions, or will they simply sit back and claim they can do nothing about it?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Prophet Muhammad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,