Al Jazeera - Studies of Islam - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2011 - 10:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
AlJazeera
What are your views about Al Jazeera?
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera

Who formed this television broadcast station? Do you feel it a political tool used by Muslims to broadcast hate for the USA?

international QUOTE
Over the years, the Arabic satellite television network Al Jazeera has come under intense criticism from governments around the Arab and Western world. Some leaders in the Gulf have objected to Al Jazeera¹s presentation of views critical of governments in the region, and members of the Bush administration have claimed that the network is biased against the U.S and its policies. We talk with author Hugh Miles about the origins of the network.
Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2006 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Jazeera Al

I do not have access to this station to answer this without being biased, however, it does seem like they are most willing to publicize all acts and announcements given them by militants. This leads me to believe that they do favor the messages of islamists as far as announcing them, but I am not sure if this is a media strategy for fame and money or really for a 'cause'.

2nd Feb, 2006 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Al Jazeera Islam Studies

It is definitely interesting that they are always privy to such sensitive materials and footage, that no one else can get their hands on. My belief is that if they can acquire such materials that they be held accountable for harboring these terrorists and be forced to assist in the capture and destruction of the terrorists and their organizations. However, since they exist and function in the middle of the Islamic nation, they will also have a lot of protection, especially from Western powers.

2nd Feb, 2006 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Jazeera Al

QUOTE (Malexander)
My belief is that if they can acquire such materials

I do not know if it is that they acquire them per se as much as it is given to them (by mail, anonymous, etc.) because the Islamists know that they will publish it. I am guessing that if Islamists know they can give it to the BBC and they will show it, then they will do it. You see Al Jazeera, does not edit it's content, but loves to 'show all', thus inflicting more terror on behalf of the Islamists, the BBC may hold back something.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2006 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jazeera Al

"Why Did You Want to Bomb Me Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair?"
Al Jazeera Director Demands More Information on Secret Memo

Days after the Daily Mirror cited the memo that allegedly reveals President Bush told Tony Blair in April 2004 of his desire to bomb Al Jazeera, Wadah Khanfar, Managing Director of Al Jazeera, arrived in London to petition for a meeting with Blair to discuss the leaked memo. We speak with Khanfar about his demands for more information about the secret memo.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/03/154219

3rd Feb, 2006 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Al Jazeera

Well, that certainly is interesting, but I am certain that if they really wanted to bomb Al Jazeera, then it would have been done already - memo or not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Nov, 2006 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Al Jazeera

Well, well, well. Al Jazeera opened a new channel in English to give their version of the events going on in the Middle East.

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Arabic television station Al Jazeera launched an English-speaking channel on Wednesday to report world news from a Middle East perspective and challenge the dominance of Western media.

The station, which has angered Washington and some Arab governments with its reporting from Iraq, said it wanted to give a fresh voice to under-reported regions round the world.

"We are trying to expand our audience beyond the Arabic-speaking world, and enter the English-speaking world," said Wadah Khanfar, director general of the Al Jazeera Group.

"One of our goals is to reverse the flow of information to the south," he said, arguing that the Middle East and developing nations have until now not had a voice of their own.

In doing so, the new channel mirrors projects in France, Russia and Africa that aim to give a regional perspective in English, the dominant global language, but offer little commercial reward to their owners.

"The model is the BBC's World Service," Steven Barnett, a professor of communications at the University of Westminster, said. "The Foreign Office didn't fund that out of generosity. It funded it because it was spreading the voice of Britain.

"It was not forcing propaganda down people's throats but it was still bringing to bear a perspective that was essentially British and spreading it around the world," he told Reuters....

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2011 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Al Jazeera Studies Islam

Washington Embraces Al Jazeera:

Cowardly US cable providers refuse to grant the channel a distribution platform, largely for fear of being perceived as supporting or enabling a network that for years has been portrayed negatively by US officials. Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Al Jazeera

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,