A Million Little Pieces

A Million Pieces - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2006 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

A Million Little Pieces

A Million Little Pieces

Frey defends 'essential truths' of memoir

Embattled author James Frey defended his best-selling memoir on Larry King's CNN talk show Wednesday, saying while he may have embellished some of his past in A Million Little Pieces, he stood by the "essential truths" of the book. And in a last-minute telephone call to the show, Oprah Winfrey, who made the memoir her book-club pick for October, proclaimed her support for Frey for the first time since the book came under fire this week.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/20...arry-king_x.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2006 - 7:40am / Post ID: #

A Million Little Pieces
A Friend

Pieces Million A

I haven't read the book, but I am uncertain how true his story can really be. I should be assuming that he is truthful before proven otherwise but he seems to have a good reason to lie about his life in his book. I suppose we should all reserve judgement until we have read his book and or he has been proven that there are falsehoods in his book.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2006 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

A Million Little Pieces UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

OPRAH RIPS AUTHOR INTO 'A MILLION LITTLE PIECES'

Author James Frey on Thursday admitted he lied and embellished events about himself and other characters in his best-selling book about substance abuse and recovery.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/01/2...frey/index.html

27th Jan, 2006 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Pieces Million A

It is pretty ironic that the same way he rose to prominence ends up being the same way he is brought down to reality, and even further. The controversy around his book would not have been a big deal had it not been for Oprah bringing him on her show and publicly endorsing it. That's what caused it to skyrocket to #1. Now because of his recent apologies and admittance to lying on Oprah's show, his career as an author and his ability to make money off of it is over. I agree with Konq that no one should judge him unless they've read his book, but I for one, won't be one of those people (reading his book, that is)

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2006 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Pieces Million A

EDITORIAL: OPRAH FRICASSEES FREY

Whatever her motives - personal morality, the marketplace, credibility - Oprah Winfrey did the right thing on her show last Thursday when she held author James Frey's feet to the fire.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

2nd Feb, 2006 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Million Little Pieces

Seems like 'A Million Little Pieces' has gone into a Million More with a USA Today report saying his literary agent said she would no longer represent him. He is also going to put a three page apology in all of his new books.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: A Million Little Pieces

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,