Have You Done Any Good In The World Today?

Have Good World Today - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th Jun, 2006 - 10:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th Jun, 2004 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Have you done any good in the world today? This line is very similar to a line in a well known LDS Hymn. So, how about you? Have you done anything today to help someone else? Could you share it? If we use this thread to highlight the good we do, it might inspire others to do good too. In addition, it might help us all to feel better about ourselves.

These good deeds don't need to be anything major. Just little acts of kindness.

Today, we had a pizza luncheon in my office. The girl covering the switchboard couldn't come in and participate. I made sure she had food to eat. She was already eating, but I asked her if she needed more and then I brought it to her before I ate my lunch. Nothing big, just a small act.

Now, who else has done something good today.

You can post each day, but the kind act needs to have been accomplished on the day you post not an act you did sometime in the past.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 24th Jun, 2004 - 7:59pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2004 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Today World The Good Done Have

Today was my day to vacuum the Church building. I also cleaned all the erasers in the classrooms,(vacuumed them) and took out all of the trash. All that is left to do is wash the windows. I made sure and left a note to that effect, so that whom ever's turn it is to do the rest of the cleaning knows what all has been done.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2005 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Have You Done Any Good In The World Today? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Maybe your kids don't count, but we had take out dinner tonight, Johnny Rockets, but Jerry didn't want that. He doesn't like burgers. Now, they had other things there that he could have eaten, but he has this favorite restaurant that he just loves and he asked me to go and get him something from the restaurant (grilled cheese, he loves them!) Of course I can make him that, but he loves the ones from this restaurant. And I don't always do this. I was really tired tonight and helping Cody with homework, but I went for him, and he was so happy. His smiles make it all worth it. smile.gif

12th Jan, 2005 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Dawn, I definately think your kids count. Too often, we ignore those closest too us when it comes to service or acts of kindness. We should try harder to treat our immediate family at least as well as we do our friends and neighbors.

I had forgotten about this thread. I will need to find some small act of kindness to perform today.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2005 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Today, I spoke softly to someone and said "Thank You" several times to my students. There was more peace in my heart because of it and I believe the students felt I cared more about them than the subject matter.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2006 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, I have signed my name on more Amnesty International petitions.

Yes, I a member of Amnesty International.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jun, 2006 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Have Done Good The World Today

At my part time job it was "Mikes" last day. He is going away to college to be an engineer. I reminded him of all the times he was more than willing to help me with a cheerful smile because I don't walk well. Many times he helped me pick up at the end of the day and emptied my trash for me. I told him how much I appreciated his kindnesses and that I would miss him at work. As usual he smiled and said, "Thanks."

Beautyheart, you brought tears to my eyes. In my 4th grade year we had a teacher like you. At my 50 year class reunion a few teachers were remembered, but none more fondly than Mrs. Ratkin. Trust me, your students will learn more and remember you longer for your kindness.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 30th Jun, 2006 - 10:47pm

> TOPIC: Have You Done Any Good In The World Today?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,