Uss Cole

Uss Cole - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Feb, 2009 - 2:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
US Navy Ship under attack 2000
6th Feb, 2006 - 10:35am / Post ID: #

Uss Cole

USS Cole

Remember when the USS Cole was attacked by terrorists some years ago? They had since then caught the guy who instigated the plan to bomb the ship, but now he is on the loose - see the news clip below the history.

History:

On October 12, 2000, USS Cole came to the harbor of Aden, Yemen for a routine fuel stop. Cole completed mooring at 09:30. Refueling started at 10:30. At 11:18 local time (08:18 UTC), a small craft approached the port side of the destroyer, and an explosion occurred, putting a 40-by-40-foot (12 m-by-12 m) gash in the ship's port side. The crew fought flooding in the engineering spaces and had the damage under control by the evening. Divers inspected the hull and determined the keel was not damaged. Seventeen sailors were killed and 39 others were injured in the blast. The injured sailors were taken to the United States Army's Landstuhl Regional Medical Center near Ramstein, Germany, and later to the U.S.
Ref. Source 2

Latest Update:

PLOTTER OF COLE ATTACK IS ON LOOSE

An al-Qaida operative sentenced to die for plotting the USS Cole bombing that killed 17 sailors in 2000 was among a group of convicts who escaped from a Yemen prison last week, Interpol said Sunday in issuing a global security alert.
Ref. Deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,3949,,00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3214 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2006 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Uss Cole
A Friend

Cole Uss

In my opinion:

This story justifies the existence of Guantanomo Bay Prison. With all the international pressure on the Bush Administration to close this site; the example of the Yemen escape does justify the administration's position.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2007 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Uss Cole History & Civil Business Politics

Breaking News

WALEED MOHAMMED BIN ATTASH HAS CONFESSED TO THE BOMBING OF THE USS COLE IN 2000 THAT KILLED 17 U.S. SAILORS
Ref. ABC

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2008 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Cole Uss

USS Cole attack 'plotter' charged

US military prosecutors file charges against the alleged mastermind behind the 2000 attack on the USS Cole.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7482385.stm

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2008 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Uss Cole
A Friend

Cole Uss

I think this guy should be in a US prison for the bombing that he committed. Besides I think Bubba wants to talk to him.

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2009 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Uss Cole

Charges Withdrawn

Charges Withdrawn Against Alleged U.S.S. Cole Bombing Mastermind [7:59 pm ET] Ref. ABC News

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Feb, 2009 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Uss Cole

Is this a good idea? I don't think so. What is the guy most likely to do:

A. Forget his captors and go into seclusion
B. Start a farm and start selling potatoes
C. Start planning another attack against the US

If you said "C' then *ding ding ding* you are right!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3214 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2009 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Uss Cole
A Friend

Uss Cole Politics Business Civil & History

I chose choose B because I really believe that he wants to turn his life around and start a nice little family farm where he can raise his sons and daughters and be a family man now. HE would not want to do anything that may cause people to come and harm him.

Yeah and I believe that I am a king of country too. biggrin.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Uss Cole

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,