Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem? - Page 4 of 4

Getting the younger generations out and get - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Sep, 2017 - 1:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
  Obesity Social Personal Problem
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem?
A Friend

Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem? - Page 4

We do not need to eat three times a day. We CHOOSE to eat three times a day. The human body can survive with just one or two meals a day but for most of us we are set in our ways of three meals a day. If one eats six small meals a day they will burn more calories in a day and actually be able to process the food they intake easier.

We are bombarded daily with ads for food and treats I agree with that and if a alcoholic or a drug user trying to get better was exposed to that they would never get better. Yes the deck is stacked against us but a person can make a conscious effort to resist the temptation and actually eat things that are good for them and say n to the stuff that is bad for them. I know it will not be easy for some but most should be able to do it.

Sponsored Links:
8th Sep, 2017 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Problem Personal Social Obesity

First it is a personal problem but we all contribute to it socially by how we have adapted what is fun to do with eating and drinking. We can no longer do anything unless there is access to a pig out place before or after the event if not during.

8th Sep, 2017 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think Obesity when seen in a society as an issue that includes one third of the population then Social values and structure are a large contributor. The many advertisements and the easy access to cheap low grade food is an issue created by the society. I think it stems from social repression and society retarding the education of the poor also.

A Good example is the food pyramid that is taught in North america that was created by the Swedes during a time when food was low. It was ok for hard laboring farmers of the time but now we are not toiling in the field and thus it fails. But socially we still adhere to the theory that carbs are good. Thus Starchy Sugary foods are just recently being renounced. It takes ten years to start changing a mind set and several generations to complete. Thus yes in large obesity is a social issue.

This means so is good health after all look at other countries who have longer healthier lives. It is breed into them as children not because we just decide to eat this way.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Problem Personal Social Obesity

I think it is very interesting and thus making a social issue when we have as a race been eating starchy foods for close to 4,000 years and in the past ten years being told that it is bad for us all of a sudden. No food is really "Bad" for us it is our activity levels that have stagnated and thus many of the foods will stick with us longer due to that inactivity. Look at people mowing their yards now a days. Big riding mowers that do the work in ten minutes due to zero turn 52 inch decks. How many people can use a push mower with the six rotating sharp blades and using muscle power to mow the lawn in half a day.

21st Sep, 2017 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Problem Personal Social Obesity

I agree KNtoran the lack of exercise in our societal routines is also a major contributor. So lowered work done plus high carbs will usually end up with weight gain. But it is the social pressure of hey lets game vs hey lets play ball. Also with most homes you need two incomes to make it work thus children are home alone and can not go out till late. So Yes society does play a part, but it can also be a more positive part as well. Yes I think we as people are weak minded and are relatively easy to lead.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2017 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Getting the younger generations out and get them to exercise is a big deal here in the States right now. They promote this 60 minutes a day every day to try to get kids to be active and playing outside for at least 60 minutes a day. If we can get this to happen and teach our kids to be active and therefore healthier that will be a big part of combating the Obesity issue.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obesity: Social Or Personal Problem?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,