Lightning

Lightning - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 2:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Lightning
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Lightning
A Friend

Lightning

I was watching a T.V. Program last wednesday, on it they were talking about super lightning apparently it shoots upwards instead of downwards and is more powerful than a nuclear warhead. Yet another testament of how pathetic we really are against nature.

Lightning
Lightning (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Lightning
A Friend

Lightning

What do you mean by lightning shooting upward? Does it come from the ground?

15th Feb, 2006 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Lightning UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Actually if you do some research on the movement of static electricity you will find that positive and negative charges move both up and down during the same strike however the standard cloud-to-ground lightening that you generally see does have the lighted burst of charge that moves down. This is called in some cases a negative strike. Lightening the is referred to as ground-to-cloud lightening is much more rare and more commonly seen in the winter months is a positive strike.

In these scenarios the clouds will hold the negatively charged particles as the ground will hold the positively charged. This is how the positive and negative come into play. A positive strike is much more deadly and dangerous than a negative strike and lasts in many cases 10 times longer and may be seen much more vibrantly.

Here is a link where more can be found that may better explain what lightening is and what it does to produce it's effect. Link

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2006 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Lightning
A Friend

Lightning

I had heard this when I was younger. Lightening doesn't really shoot downward to begin with. It is actually a connection made from ground to sky and can be initiated from either end. But the formation meets in the middle usually. Often times lightening can seem like its going from the ground to the sky.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

Lightning
A Friend

Lightning

On the t.v. Program they were on about lightning above the cloud which erupts upwards into space.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 10:17am / Post ID: #

Lightning
A Friend

Lightning

lightning that shoots towards space, now that would be amazing to see. I guess the potential difference betweent he cloud layer and the stratosphere, (or further) could be relatively compared with nuclear fission. I wonder if there is any way of measuring this, or indeed capturing a photo... fantastic

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

Lightning
A Friend

Lightning

Yeah they said blue lightning downed a shuttle I can not remember which one though.

22nd Feb, 2006 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Lightning Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Beautiful. Powerful. Going up rather than coming down. I think, a July 4 firework fits the description nicely.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lightning

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,