Fake Blood

Fake Blood - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Mar, 2006 - 9:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fake Blood

ETHICISTS WANT FAKE BLOOD STUDY STOPPED

Imagine being in a car crash, lying unconscious and bleeding in an ambulance. With no blood on board, paramedics give you an experimental substitute, but even at the hospital, you get fake blood for several hours before doctors try the real thing.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/03/02/blood...e.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2006 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

Fake Blood
A Friend

Blood Fake

I love the idea of being able to use fake blood on a trauma patient. It could save millions of lives. Reading through the article, I see they missed an important part. If less blood transfusions are needed, this will cut down on transferring blood borne pathogens from patient to patient. Getting people blood faster will do nothing but help trauma victims. The people arguing against this are saying its being done on trauma victims without them knowing, and that patients should be notified and their families have to approve first. Are they even listening while they are talking? Study of this sort of thing can only be tested on humans in this fashion because it will be used in trauma cases primarily. Waiting to get approval will ensure that they will not get it in time and would cause more deaths. To me, it seems that people who protest nearly every revolutionary medical advance never look at the big picture. Some people not giving approval before having it used on them as opposed to MILLIONS of lives. The ratio isn't even close. If I'm in the hospital on trauma, give me the blood.

> TOPIC: Fake Blood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,