Artificial Intelligence - Page 2 of 5

Yeah, or the AI will figure out a way to use - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 15th Apr, 2017 - 7:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence - Page 2

If we are putting our biased opinions into the programming of any artificial intelligence that is just plain wrong. I think those who program should just program and not put their person opinions into any programming. I know I want a world where we all live in peace and harmony and this type of programming has no place there.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Intelligence Artificial

Yes, but it's so difficult to not add your prejudices. They are part of us. When we make decisions our prejudices and norms come into play. So, as someone is programming a robot and makes a decision about how it would act in this or that situation their prejudices come into play. This is also what scares me about AI.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence Gaming Video & Issues Computer

That is why I feel that no one person programs the AI. I would rather a team do it so that there is less chance that a prejudice is added in. If it is a mixed team of programmers and they all look at the programming to be installed there is a good chance that any prejudices would be seen and removed from the programming.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Page 2 Intelligence Artificial

KN,

Yes, I like what you said about a team concept. One question though that came to mind, is it possible a team could program in multiple prejudices and make the AI dysfunctional, or even crazy? Could we end up with an AI with split personalities or perhaps homicidal because of the conflicting things going on in its head?

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Intelligence Artificial

That is always a possibility but a team can do much better by making sure that no prejudices are involved. Kind of like Robocop scenario. We do not want programming to get in the way of what is right and just. Thus not allowing some to place restrictions on the mind that influence it unjustly. The team concept can make it less likely to be prejudiced.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence

Yes, I definitely think team is the way to go… I just think we aren't as smart as we think we are. By we I mean humanity as a whole. I can see us making a mistake and creating something bad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence - Page 2

Oh I know us as a species are not anywhere as smart as we think we are. I think as we work closer and closer to perfecting a AI I think we are also spelling our own doom as the military minds will find a way to use that against us.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Yeah, or the AI will figure out a way to use itself against us. I'm a firm believer that Skynet is a possibility and if there is a way to mess things up, we'll figure it our. Yeah, AI scares me just a bit.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Artificial Intelligence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,