Nauvoo Introduction

Nauvoo Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Feb, 2006 - 2:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

RM: West Indies Mission
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2006 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Nauvoo Introduction
A Friend

Nauvoo Introduction

Hello everyone!
I am known as nauvoo, or that is my member name. My hat goes off to the creator of this website, great job! I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and found this website looking up some information on my mission that I served in over 10 years ago. Yes I am getting older as the days go by. I served in the West Indies Mission from 1993-1995. I served the people of St.Thomas, Barbados, St.Kitts, Guyana, Trinidad, and Suriname for one month. To this day my love for the islands and the people who lived there has only increased.

Upon returning home, I met my wife in the Chicago Temple and was married there 2 months later. I adopted her 15 month old daughter and instantly, I was a daddy. We had three more daughters together while I was deciding what I wanted to be When I grew up. I attended college and worked way to many hours while trying to study. We were happy through all the challenges.

The years since my mission have been wonderful. I have stayed very busy with church callings, family responsibilities and, of course, community sports. I love baseball and football. I was hired by the church to be an Assistant Engineer in the Temple. What a dream come true it has been to work and repair the Lords house 40 hours a week.

We could not have anymore children after our 4th daughter was born. So, we became foster and adoptive parents and went in search of some children to adopt, preferably boys. Call me crazy, but we found them this last year, a sibling group of five. We are in the process of adopting 4 boys and a girl ranging from ages 14-2. They are all a bit different, but are great kids. It has taken us almost 8 months to get all the kids to get a long. The sacrifice is worth every minute. Besides, now I can go to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts!

That is my life in a nut shell. I am looking forward to meeting new people and hearing your story.

Nauvoo

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2006 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Introduction Nauvoo

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2006 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Nauvoo Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the Community. That was quite a thorough introduction and I thank you for it. I would have been back from my mission to England by the time you got to Trinidad. Did you remember meeting me: Br. Borde? Also, how do you cope with so many children - it is wonderful, but must be quite a task, especially to feed them all? Anyway, you will find Boards here to discuss all those things in more detail, especially your Mission. If you need help after looking over the FAQ, then feel free to ask here. All the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2006 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.7%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Introduction Nauvoo

WOW!
I fully admire you, and the difference you will make to those children's lives.
the stability that you are also providing for them through your church, will help them so much throughout their lives,and the routine will be so important to them.

It is great that you were able to make the decision as a family, to bring so many more children into your family, and be one great big family unit.

I too believe that the family unit is the most important thing, and know that it won't be an easy "road" for you, but just wanted to "post" some support on for you!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2006 - 9:11am / Post ID: #

Nauvoo Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Nauvoo

Thanks for the response and your support Diane C. We actually put years of thought into our decision to adopt such a large group. Some days are like world war between the children, however, those peaceful days when you get to see these kids lives changing for the good is, well, Priceless! We have had some real interesting experiences in the community. Some think directly that we are a child day care business, and others just give us that strange look. When you consider the alternative for these children, it makes the job much easier.

JB@Trinidad. I so miss Trinidad. I did meet you a few times as I was an assistant with Elder Edwards in the office under President Valentine. I did stay pretty busy, but loved the people in Trinidad. I ended my mission as probably the only english speaking missionary to serve in Suriname for a month. I had extended a month to serve there. I can't say enough about the people in the islands, what a great experience. Give my love to all of them.

Nauvoo

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2006 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Nauvoo Introduction

Sadly, there have been so many missionaries over so many years that I cannot track them all. When you get a chance could you possibly share a picture of your mission days to jog my memory? Also, I am looking for feelings / insight into the mission to update the Web Site as well as here - would you be interested in doing so?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2006 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.7%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Nauvoo Introduction

It certainly is fantastic what you are doing for your new children, I was wondering how you all manage to get out together, it would be a group booking everywhere you go I bet!

It is 10 times harder to re-parent, than it is to parent, ie: re-going over basic skills and nurturing that should come as a natural with birth parents, but sadly so often doesn't, and picking up the pieces, and just being there when all the childrens' emotions surface.I myself work with abused and special needs children, and sometimes the effects can be so long term, and disheartening, but a real blessing when they make small "steps"
It is great to hear that everybody is mainly getting on so well, at the end of the day, it is a time of great re-adjustment for everybody! hopefully you will be receiving some support from your church, but I will support you in prayer.
I wish you all well.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:

> TOPIC: Nauvoo Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,