New Testament teachings

New Testament Teachings - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Feb, 2006 - 1:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

in the Book of Mormon and the PoGP
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2006 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

New Testament teachings
A Friend

New Testament teachings

I have been wondering about something.

In the Book of Mormon and the POGP, there are scriptures that teach a New Testament type theology but in a time that would be hundreds of years before Christ. There are portions that are almost verbatim statements from the New Testament but again, well before the time of Christ.

While I don't have any concern about there being similar phrasing, I am wondering why the B.O.M. would contain New Testament ideas and teachings before the time of Christ?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2006 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

teachings Testament New

Adam, Noah, Moses, Elijah, and many others knew the fullness of the Gospel. That would include many of the Book of Mormon leaders.

The "New Testament" principles didn't start with Paul. He just expounded them to the Jews and the early Christian church.

So, whenever the people were ready and willing to accept the principles, they were taught them. Thus we see them contained in the scriptures outside of the New Testament.

In my opinion.

Offtopic but,
I changed the title of this topic. Having a topic just titled "A Question" is very counterproductive in a forum such as this. We all have questions. Topics need to be titled so that the subject of the question can be easily seen.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 10th Jan, 2006 - 9:13pm

10th Jan, 2006 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

New Testament teachings Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think it is exactly as Nighthawk has indicated. The fullness of the Gospel was given to Adam and Eve. This knowledge didn't just begin during the Savior's ministry.

Before His life, there were differences in how they had to live the gospel, but the knowledge was the same. They knew he would be born. They looked forward to that time. We know He was born. We look backwards to that time.

Before His ministry, animals were sacrified in similitude for the sacrifice he would make. The purpose of the sacrifice was the same. Before His ministry they had to keep the Mosaic Law fully. We don't because he fulfilled this Law.

Much of this truth is missing from the Bible, but is not missing from the Book of Mormon or the Pearl of Great Price because they haven't suffered during numerous translations.

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

New Testament teachings
A Friend

teachings Testament New

The Lord at times reveals certian things to those who are faithful, new teaches for the simple fact that they've shown their faithfulness to the laws that they have so the Lord in his infininte wisdom grants new truths that will enlighten them. Thus we see since the Nephites at time kept the law of Moses, they were allowed new teachings

> TOPIC: New Testament teachings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,