Disney's Gargoyles

Disney' S Gargoyles - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 15th Aug, 2006 - 8:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
11th Feb, 2006 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles

I realize that this cartoon showed its last episode years ago, but it's been one of my favorites since I first watched it back in middle school. It has mostly mature plots and character development, and intertwines history, shakespear, and mythology into a very interesting and realistic plot. There is romance, mysteries, action and drama! I have to admit, I love it! Due, I believe, to a large fan base, Disney has recently come out with the first season on DVD and the first half of season 2 on DVD, both of which I hope to acquire biggrin.gif . Any other fans out there?

Offtopic but,
Why don't they have an embarrased smiley with a smile on his face?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2006 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles
A Friend

Gargoyles Disneys

I didn't realize that they were going to put these on DVD! I used to love this show when I was in school. between, if you watched this in middle school, it betrays your age! This show has been off the air for a while now. I like the fat one, he is always trying to eat, even when something important is happening! The cool thing about this show is that there is always something interesting going on and they Gargoyles can only come out at night. But they writers never break this rule which makes the series more interesting.

16th Feb, 2006 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

QUOTE (konquererz @ 15-Feb 06, 4:57 PM)
if you watched this in middle school, it betrays your age!

Hmm, this is true - I've been discovered! Just kiddin - I'm not trying to hide my age, I just have a habit of being careful where I give my birthdate out. I'm actually 21, which means the show originally aired... somewhere around 9 or 10 years ago. Or more, I could be remembering wrong.

Back to Gargoyles - It is quite interesting. I find the Character of the enemy Demona intriguing - At first you kind of think its stupid that she hates them so much, but the more episodes you watch, the more events of her past are revealed... And you understand her more and more. The best enemy is the one you can relate to in some way.

Actually, the writers do break the rule of the Gargoyles coming out in the day - in a sense. But I won't spoil it for you(unless you want me to), you'll have to buy the DVDs! You can find them at Amazon.com.

Post Date: 11th May, 2006 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles
A Friend

Gargoyles Disneys

I found this show is now on Jetix, on Toon Disney. You have to have cable or satellite to get Toon Disney. I came across it, and now my kids don't want to miss it! Its funny how the shows I used to watch end up being shows my kids love, and shows they liked, like Spongebob, I now like to watch! laugh.gif

My son absolutely gets a kick out of the sun rising and the Gargoyles all crackling to life.

12th May, 2006 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Gargoyles Disneys

QUOTE (konquererz @ 11-May 06, 6:42 AM)
Its funny how the shows I used to watch end up being shows my kids love, and shows they liked, like Spongebob, I now like to watch! laugh.gif

Yes, but spongebob is a rare cartoon. I personally think cartoons have been going downhill somewhat, with only a few gems mixed in. That's one reason that I want to get the Gargoyles DVDs, because they are good and my kids can watch them whenever they want if they like them, and I will know they are watching good TV shows. I love shows on DVD, its's like watching TV, but without all the bad/annoying parts - you get to avoid the commercials and the problem of wanting to see what's on next and getting hooked, etc.

So, what time does Gargoyles air on Toon Disney? Maybe I'll have to set the DVR timer...

Post Date: 12th May, 2006 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles
A Friend

Disney's Gargoyles

Fansite I found for Gargoyles.
https://www.gargoyles-fans.org/

Time and Channel.
Toon Disney (TDIS) 3:30AM

Special tenth anniversary DVD 1st Season.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002W4SY...?v=glance&n=130

Hope this helps a bit!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jul, 2006 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles

Here's a bit of interesting news for Gargoyles fans:

Coming in June 2006 from SLG Publishing and Disney is Gargoyles, a new comic book that picks up where the hit animated series left off. Gargoyles is written by Greg Weisman, the creator of the TV show, which ran from 1994 to 1997. Greg Guler, who was the show's lead character designer, directs the art for the comic and draws the cover illustrations. The interiors of the comic are drawn by David Hedgecock (15 Minutes) and colored by Will Terrell.

source: Slave Labor Graphics Press Release

The first issue came out in June, and I ordered it from Amazon.com. Can I just say I was quite excited to receive it in the mail today, and was not dissappointed in the least biggrin.gif .

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2006 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Disney's Gargoyles
A Friend

Disney's Gargoyles Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

I agree... Gargoyles was a great show and it was a shame it was no longer on TV (main channels) of course though they now have it on DVD and that is cool to hear about the comic book. I will diffenatly have to take a look into it. I am sure my son would enjoy it as much as I did. Of course he is still a little young but eh he will grow into it. biggrin.gif
Take care

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Disney's Gargoyles

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,