South Park - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 11th Nov, 2010 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
South Park Quotes Animated TV Series
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2006 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

South Park

SOUTH PARK CONTROVERSY CONTINUES

Religious leaders have banded together in a bid to stop a shocking episode of South Park screening on the music channel C4.
Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
12th Feb, 2006 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Park South

I have to say that this type of humor is not new to South Park. It is in it's 9th season now, and from season 1, it has been pushing the envelope in its perspectives of current affairs. I believe the episode in question is now gaining publicity because of what is currently happening in the Islamic world with the caricatures of Muhammad. The episode was aired in the US more than a month ago, and I never heard of any uproar over it. It was just another South Park episode and its depictions, like I mentioned earlier, are not unusual.
I know there are a lot of LDS members on this forum, and South Park did something similar a few years back, making fun of Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. In another episode there was a depiction of Buddha in a derogatory fashion. Jesus Christ has been a staple on the show since season 1 to the point where he even has a TV show in the town of South Park. If people wanted to make a point, they should have said something from the very beginning. It has been 9 years now since the show has been on the air. I am not saying everything they show should be ignored, but don't act surprised when they go off the deep end, like they usually do.

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2006 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

South Park
A Friend

South Park Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Isaac Hayes quits South Park. Mmmmmm! He allowed Christian jokes but couldn't handle the jokes made towards his practice. I smell a Hypocrite!

24th Mar, 2006 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Park South

Well, Matt and Trey, the creators of South Park, felt the same way about Hayes' decision, and really did a number on his character Chef in the new episode that aired this week. They've also vowed to make scientology their new #1 focus, so it will be interesting to see what their Season 10 episodes will be like.

27th Mar, 2006 - 7:53am / Post ID: #

Park South

I saw the scientology episode and thought it was hilarious. As Malexander points out, South Park has been pushing the envelope on religion, celebrity and politics since day one.

In my opinion scientology is a cult, but it is disturbing when they enlist their celebrity puppet Tom Cruise to try and intervene through connections in Viacom.

What does it tell you when they are so desperate to prevent the show from airing?

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2006 - 9:51am / Post ID: #

South Park
A Friend

South Park

This is silly, this episode aired over a month ago and the outrage comes this late, over its replay at that? Tom Cruise said he would pull his support from the movie he has already been paid for and made if they aired the re-run. Another egotistical lame actor putting himself out for something that no longer matters. The episode aired already, a while back, he is making a scene over the replay, ludicrous.

Not one single religion has escaped the claws of South Parks satire, if this was an issue, why just now? And anyway, this is not about the evil episode about scientology. This is a personal issue with Tom Cruise. For those of you who don't watch South Park, here is a brief synopsis, I will only point out the obvious reason Tom Cruise is upset.

At the beginning of the episode, we see that scientology is made to look like a hokey religious cult that believes is the stranges most bizarre things, the majority of the facts are true, as in most episodes, but are made to look ridiculous. The episode starts with Tom Cruise not coming out of Stans (I think) closet. Through out the episode, the theme more or less stops being about scientology, and more about Tom coming out of the closet. Various actors come to support Tom and convince him to "come out of the closet" but he refuses. Do you see where this is going?

This is not about the satire of Tom Cruises suedo psychology, but about them saying he was gay (albeit not out right) and saying he needed to admit it. Its a personal issue and he is using his religion to hide the fact that this is a personal vendetta against South Park. He needs to beagle up and stop whining.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2010 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

South Park

South Park - Season 14 Episode 12 - The identity of Mysterion is revealed when the Coon, abandoned by his crime-fighting cohorts, seeks revenge in the Gulf.

South Park
South Park (Hover)

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2010 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

South Park Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

South Park - Season 14 Episode 13 - The Coon shows himself to be even more evil than the dark lord, Cthulhu, as he punishes his former partners in Coon & Friends. Kenny McCormick, is wrestling with the weight of his own super power through his alter-ego, Mysterion. Will Coon and Friends save the day? Will Mysterion ever come to terms with his ability to defy death? All this as the nation waits and wonders: Where is Captain Hindsight

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: South Park

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,