Texas Most Wanted

Texas Wanted - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 5:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Have you seen these faces?
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2006 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Texas Most Wanted

Texas Most Wanted

Consider the faces in the link(s) below, they are the Most Wanted, maybe you have seen them:

Check: https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/

For Bounty Hunter Listings: https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showforum=182

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2006 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Wanted Texas

I have looked at this thread now a few different times without ever posting. This is mainly because I am honestly not sure how this makes me feel in a way. It makes me worry a little knowing that I live in Texas as well as most of my family. I almost want to say that a few of them look familiar but that is most likely more my imagination than anything.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texas Most Wanted History & Civil Business Politics

TEXAS EXECUTES 400TH INMATE

Texas, which leads the nation in carrying out the death penalty, has executed the 400th person since the state resumed capital punishment in 1982.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/22/texas.exe...reut/index.html

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Texas Most Wanted
A Friend

Wanted Texas

This 400th execution makes a person proud. Here's what got him his appointment with the executioner:

* On May 17, 1998, enters a north Houston grocery store and brought a drink to the counter

* Points a .32-caliber revolver at store owner Kathyanna Nguyen.

* Julian Gutierrez, a customer, walks into the store to pay for gasoline he had just pumped

* Julian hears Conner say, "Give me all your money."

* Conner turns and points the gun at Gutierrez

* Gutierrez runs from the store and is hit by a gun shot from Conner

* Gutierrez hears more gunshots, and turns to see Conner shoot Nguyen

* Conner flees the store, and is seen by multiple witnesses

So after having been convicted, Conner complains that the "system is broken." He complains that the execution is not just. He also "bears witness" that "there is no God but Allah and the Prophet Muhammed."

He expresses his love for Allah, and then is executed.

So ... what's the injustice here? Why is the system "broken"? The people of Texas decided that if you murder someone in Texas that your life is forfeit. Conner murdered a lady in cold blood for a few bucks. He shot another citizen as well. There is no question of guilt.

So why shouldn't Conner pay for his crime?

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=2140

https://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070823/ts_al...on_070823004059

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 23rd Aug, 2007 - 3:44pm

23rd Aug, 2007 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Wanted Texas

I do not think anyone is questioning if he should be executed or not, I know I certainly do not. Such low life deserve what they get if there is nop question that they did the crime. Having done so many I guess he fits the punishment.

Is the profession of bounty hunting big business in Texas considering the number of 'Wanteds'?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Texas Most Wanted
A Friend

Texas Most Wanted

I don't know particular to Texas, but I do have a couple of friends in the "industry." It's big all over the United States (bigger than one would imagine). There was a TV reality series about bounty hunters. It's accurate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Aug, 2007 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Texas Wanted

What makes Texas so efficient at these executions compared with other states that seem to debate it over and over again or are seemingly slow to execute? Is it that there is a different 'breed' of US citizen in Texas?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Texas Most Wanted
A Friend

Texas Wanted Politics Business Civil & History

I think Texans truly are different. In general, they take pride in being independent, free thinking, and self-sufficient. They also do not put up with those who can't abide by the rules agreed to. Why? Well, they only make rules for the big things, so I guess it's Texas society's way of saying, "We're not asking much, but we ARE demanding you obey what we DO ask!"

The courts reflect the People. In fact, in Texas the judges are elected into office (as opposed to appointments). Generally, Texas judges do not give convicts much room for hope. It doesn't allow for a lengthy appeal process. Swift justice is heartily believed in.

Of course, "swift" is somewhat subjective. It took 8-9 years to execute this murderer who, beyond all doubt, was guilty of killing that innocent young woman. But in California, a convict on death row is more likely to die of old age than an execution. And I'm not joking.

Rather off topic, but...
I'm not a native Texan. My grandmother was - from Galveston. She was fiercely proud of it. Having lived in several states (California, Utah, Illinois, Indiana), I have fallen in love with Texas. It's everything she claimed. You'd have to pry me out of the state, and I'd find my way back somehow. Same story with the kids.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 23rd Aug, 2007 - 5:24pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Texas Most Wanted

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,