Your Real Reason For Being Here

Your Real Reason Here - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 6th Mar, 2006 - 12:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
16th Feb, 2006 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Sometimes it is so funny to see Member's Reasons for Being Here. I am talking about the field located in their profile and signature as to their main Reason for Being Here. Why is this funny? Well as an example you may get someone that puts their Reason for Being Here as 'Political Discussion', yet they never even post anything about Politics - all their posts are in the Teen Board or the Jokes Board for example. I have even seen Members post about how much they want to talk about LDS Deep Doctrine, but they never even review the Board because they are busy posting somewhere else. Can anyone explain to me why Members never place the Real Reason For Being Here?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Here For Reason Real Your

I know for me, I put Religious discussions as my main reason for being here, but I know that is definately not where my majority of posts are. I came here with the plan on focusing on the religious discussions, but there were so many other topics that I was drawn to them. So it says Religious Studies, but that's not where my focus is at now that I've experienced more of the board. I still post there, but it's not dominant.

16th Feb, 2006 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Your Real Reason For Being Here Feedback & FAQ News Community

I initially joined the forum to connect with people from Trinidad and Tobago, where I grew up. However, once I started looking around, I found a lot of other interesting boards, and began posting there more often. Today, my main reason for staying is reading and posting in a number of different areas, and I think I do a decent job of reflecting that motive. I should probably change my profile to something else though, since my posts in the T&T boards are not as often as I would like.

16th Feb, 2006 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

Malexander, it is good that you acted on my message, however, for both you and BabyBlues I figured that your answers would be just as you both said - your Reason for Being here evolved as you became enticed with other topics. Now for the new Member it is different. They aren't aware yet and have a chance to start right away in their topic of interest, but they do not - they go elsewhere. Possibly, Users in general do not take seriously the fields - that is mainly what I am trying to deduce.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Being a new member to the boards, I can only truly speak for myself, and the reason I came here was to find a good group of people to role play with, yet I find that the prerequisites are quite high. Personally I don't care to post in all the other fields very much, as I already engage in political and religious discussions in other forums, yet I must admit that the maturity levels found throughout these forums are reasonably high and I hope to engage many of my fellow members intellectually. In truth though, once enabled, I will not likely use this forum for much other than role playing.

25th Feb, 2006 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Cyrill Eru)
In truth though, once enabled, I will not likely use this forum for much other than role playing.

Although that is fine, and your reason for being here, yet it is through Constructive posting in other Boards other than RPGs that will enable you to keep up your activity, and thus your reason for being here: RPGs, unless you plan to Upgrade, and then it makes no difference.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2006 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your Real Reason For Here

I chose investigating topics largely as I am here to learn more about people and the world around me. It was a close call between that and religion as I find that aspect of the group most informative (even though I have yet to post a great deal there)

6th Mar, 2006 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Your Real Reason For Here Community News FAQ & Feedback

I believe 'Investigating Topics' is the safest Reason for being here since it can really apply to anything, unless for some reason you select that as the Reason and then do nothing but participate in RPGs and the Arcade.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Your Real Reason For Being Here

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,