Private Prisons

Private Prisons - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Jan, 2017 - 6:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Your view?
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Private Prisons

EDITORIAL: CAREFULLY WEIGH PRIVATE PRISONS

Government should seek out efficiencies whenever possible. But it is not sufficient for some functions of government to simply be cost-efficient. The state prison system, for instance, must be operated in a manner that ensures accountability and public control. Any move to delegate that responsibility to a private provider deserves careful study and deliberation.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/

Sponsored Links:
18th Feb, 2006 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Prisons Private

So long as a government body can ensure that the integrity and standards of the State are kept up then I do not see what the problem will be. In fact, the private agency may even do a better job since we know how well government tends to run things - right?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2014 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Private Prisons History & Civil Business Politics

Private Prison Stocks Soar As Companies Cash In On Incarcerated Immigrants:

Share prices for two of the largest private prison firms have spiked sharply since an influx of unaccompanied migrant children crossing the border was reported this summer Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2017 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Prisons Private

Private Prisons Are Poised for a Comeback Under Trump:

Trump's victory was "Nothing short of a game changer for the beleaguered private prison contractor industry," said CNBC. Stock prices for the nation's two largest private prison corporations rose dramatically Ref. Source 2j.

17th Jan, 2017 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Prisons Private

He is probably looking at this as a way to create jobs but I see a lot of abuse both inside the prison, favoritism among connections in the prison with the company and fraudulent claims for more money.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Private Prisons
A Friend

Private Prisons

We already have a massive problem with prisoners being treated as a commodity. Lobbyists for this industry are constantly pushing for laws that will put people in prison for lesser crimes and keep them there longer.

This is not, and never should be considered, a desirable move.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jan, 2017 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Private Prisons

Bountyhunter, private or government those same things happen. The only difference with private is the cost of doing business can be better regulated and government doesn't have to worry about the details or union strikes.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Private Prisons
A Friend

Private Prisons Politics Business Civil & History

I have seen that many prisons are not doing well at helping inmates stay out of prison. Many get out of prison just to commit a crime again to go back since they are getting free health care, three good meals a day and other benefits. Yeah they are giving up their freedoms to come and go as the please but some do not see that as a bad life.

It is my belief that it does not matter if it is a state, federal or private corporation running the prisons. I only see them as failures to help incorporate people back into main stream society. We need to rethink the prison system. Maybe not give them soo much freebies and make life a bit harder for them on the inside. I do not have the answers for this but a consensus maybe will do better.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Private Prisons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,