RPGs That Promote Badness

Rpgs Promote Badness - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 20th Jan, 2009 - 7:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 
Just for fun or going too far?
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Not all humans necessarily want to in act the fantasy of the Knight that saves the day, rather they role-play as the 'bad' guy, the villain, the criminal. What is your view about RPGs that promote 'how' to be bad through making gains being a pimp, gangster, selling drugs, robbing, and so on?

Sponsored Links:
18th Feb, 2006 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Badness Promote RPGs

I really do not see the necessity of being a 'Pimp' in an RPG. This thread may follow the same patters as has been discussed in the 'Violence & Sex in Video Games' Thread, but I hope not, because in this role you are the one that has to act out your character.

Maybe some people like to play the criminal, but it just has never appealed to me because I like to 'get into' my role. For me to be a pimp I would have to 'get into' that role and then it becomes unenjoyable.

19th Feb, 2006 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

RPGs That Promote Badness Reviews RPG & Card Board

For me, it depends much on the athmosphere of the game. Normally, if the villain is strong, convincing and real, I'd like to oppose him. But when the place itself is painted in pink colours, everybody is sweet and nice and all the conflicts are better versus good or too far-stretched, or too soap-operish, then I'd gladly become a bad guy, just to give this unnaturally sweet perfect world a bit of a shake.

16th Dec, 2006 - 9:33am / Post ID: #

Badness Promote RPGs

In Warhammer, the Slaanesh cultists use bright and garish colors but are the more depraved and evil and cruel of all the Chaos gods, and also when I played an evil necromancer, I always dressed like a fop in cheery loud colors, so you never can tell.

I can enjoy playing a "bad" guy to a certain extent, but it has to involve a certain amount of class or entertaining character. In my necromancer example, I played his "evil" like the "evil" that Dr. Smith adhered to in the old Lost in Space - he was really more selfish than anything, but he was willing to sacrifice others if the need arose, but generally kept to himself and tried to keep himself useful.

I could probably play a cold, evil villain if I could develop the right personality, but I find I'm averse to just your run of the mill crazy psycho that just wants to hack people up - I didn't even like writing scenarios for when I was GMing for an evil party - its just distasteful.

21st Aug, 2007 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

Badness Promote RPGs

I think its fun to be bad if the evil has control. A Voldemort character is fun every once in a while. But I do love saving the day a whole lot more. Then again an anti-hero is fun too.

27th Apr, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Every bad act has a limit I guess. Many see just ighting to kill as violent but that's how it was done in the middle ages. I think being bad would be torturing NPCs in a story.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2008 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPGs Promote Badness

I guess it all has to do with the DM/Gm. IF a person wants to play a evil character that should be allowed. I have played a anti-paladin and had him up to the 14th lvl before he was killed. I rather enjoyed going into a town or village and creating chaos. I would always make it look like someone else did the evil deeds because ME in my shiny armour would never do that. Snicker snicker. smile.gif

20th Jan, 2009 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

RPGs Promote Badness Board Card & RPG Reviews

I'm not into the pimping kind of RPG. I do know a couple of guys who are into that, but its just not my style. I rather be on the side of the 'good' guy who kills the bad ones and gets the gold.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: RPGs That Promote Badness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,