Not One For Dreaming I Guess

Not Dreaming Guess - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2006 - 4:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
27th Feb, 2006 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

For as long as I can remember I have never had, or never remembered a single dream.

Now to be fair not a great problem but I get quite jelous of my partner who has dreams nightly and then relays them to me in the morning, and these can be great dreams about our relationship in the past and present, but can also be disterbing dreams.

Now I'm wondering if anyone here is in the same situation, or has a reason why.

I think I read/heard somewhere that it signals a lack of imagination, yet I have always been very imaginative in my work and play, both when I was a Child, and currently, so I sort of took this comment as an uneducated one.

Always been quite 'put out' that I have no dreams, but not in a nasty way ofcourse.

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2006 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Guess Dreaming One Not

Karniest, I read that one possible reason for it is that you are waking up when you finished dreaming already which makes harder for you to remember what you dreamt. One suggestion given is to set your snooze alarm clock at early hours of the morning (period of time where we dream heavily), in this way you will be able to remember your dreams in the morning when you wake up. Let me know if it works smile.gif
LDS

28th Feb, 2006 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Not One For Dreaming I Guess Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

LDS_Forever,

Tried that, set my alarm for 2.30 this morning, and still nothing.
had a smoke trying to remember, but nothing.

Not to worry, I must just not have anything to dream about as my dreams are fulfilled while I'm awake.

Fingers Crossed I'll eventually remember something, thanks anyway wink.gif

28th Feb, 2006 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Guess Dreaming One Not

Kar, you set the clock way too early. Try to set it tonight for around 5:30 and see what happens. I found the following also, I hope it helps (I really want you to remember your dreams!):

1. Night Before: Keep a pad of paper and pen and a couple of pencils by your bed. Date the paper the night before. When you awake, in the night or in the morning, write something down. Even "I recall nothing this morning" is good to write down. If you are keeping a journal, read the last dream you had.

2. When you go to bed, relax your body and review the day in reverse. How did I get ready for bed? What was I doing just before going to bed? What did I do this evening? What was it like coming home from work, what did I do at the office, what did I have for lunch, and so on, all the way back to how you got up and either recall your last dream or recall your writing down "I recall nothing this morning.". This exercise (From Psychosynthesis) is very relaxing and helps us learn to reflect back and focus the way we need to focus to recall dreams.

3. As you are getting close to falling asleep, repeat over and over, "When I wake up, I will remember my dream.". Jill Gregory of the Novato Dream Library says that a physical "trigger" along with the verbal suggestion often helps, I.e. pressing your thumb against each finger as you say each word of the suggestion.

4. When you wake up in the morning, don't move! Stay in your same position, relax your body and let your mind drift closer to your dream. Remind yourself that you want to remember your dream. Shutting your eyes may help. Thinking about what you are going to do in the future, like shower or at work or appointments is the best way to miss a dream.

5. Once you begin to recall the dream, start writing! Write down whatever you remember right away so you're not trying to remember that material while trying to recall new material. If after a minute you don't have any recall, write down "I don't recall anything." Or even better, write down a short made-up fantasy about what you would have liked to have dreamed. If you have other dreams in the journal, read one of them.

https://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/qa/qadream/qadream43.html

Let me know if you try any of these things!
LDS

1st Mar, 2006 - 9:40am / Post ID: #

Guess Dreaming One Not

Night Before: Keep a pad of paper and pen and a couple of pencils by your bed..... 

Done

.........When you go to bed, relax your body and review the day in reverse...

Very relaxing

.........As you are getting close to falling asleep, repeat over and over, "When I wake up, I will remember my dream.".........

Oh yes and my partner was wetting herself laughing when I tried this, so at least she got a laugh

.......When you wake up in the morning, don't move! Stay in your same position...

This was hard, as my daughter makes sure I'm awake, up and lifting her from the cot within 2 minutes

Once you begin to recall the dream, start writing!

All I wrote was "I recall nothing this morning", but I'm going to keep this up and see if it works after a couple of goes.

Reconcile Edited: Karniest on 1st Mar, 2006 - 9:42am

1st Mar, 2006 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Have you ever had a CAT scan for brain activity during sleep? This will show how your brain is operating when unconscious, it will also show if there are any irregularities.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2006 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Not One Dreaming Guess

I just thought of something! What about watching a horror movie just before going to bed? I particularly do not watch movies like that because I have bad dreams later, it does not matter whether you are afraid or not of those types of movies but maybe some of the images and sound will penetrate your brain in such a way that will make you dream about it. You can try that JUST before going to sleep. Hope it helps.

2nd Mar, 2006 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Not One Dreaming Guess Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

If we're going for bizarre dreams, eat something unusual like leftover pepperoni pizza and a tuna fish and peanut butter sandwich right before bed. Healthy? No. Possible cause of unexpected dream activity? Absolutely.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Not One For Dreaming I Guess

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,