The Covenant Of Hamas - Page 2 of 8

Hamas Calls for Third Intifada By Al Jazeera - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 28th Dec, 2008 - 11:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
The Covenant,Hamas This Discussion is about the Political Aspects of Hamas itself.
23rd Apr, 2006 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

The Covenant Of Hamas - Page 2

Seems like the Palestinian people are finally opening their eyes and taking matters into their own hands. Too bad they didn't realize the ramifications before they elected Hamas into power.

Hamas gunmen protect health minister in shootout

GAZA CITY (AP) -- Hamas gunmen backed by police came to the rescue of the new Palestinian health minister -- a top Hamas official -- after angry gunmen raided his office Sunday and sparked a shootout that left three people wounded.

The shootout was the latest explosion of violence in Gaza and it marked the first time a Hamas Cabinet minister turned to his group's gunmen to help restore order. It also underscored Palestinians' growing dissatisfaction with the Hamas-led government as it confronts a crippling financial crisis.

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2006 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

Hamas Covenant The

On the issue of Al-Qaueda. Hamas has quickly distanced itself from the group saying they are not linked and have different ideologies.

As for the pamphlet. I would be very sceptical of any "news" I read on WorldNetDaily. I guess this is a matter of lets wait and see. It would make sense for Al-Queada to try and recruit people from Palestine because there are a lot of poor, desperate people who feel let down by the West.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Hamas to suggest the people are taking matters into their own hands. This was a shoot-out between Hamas and people linked to their rival group Fatah.

It's also unfair to blame the Government for cutting spending on health when it is virtually being starved out of office.

I have a major problem with countries like the US and others preaching democracy but then using debilitating tactics to remove regimes they don't like. If the US is doing this to Hamas then it should apply the same standards to all the dictators and other problematic regimes it supports around the world.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2006 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

The Covenant Of Hamas
A Friend

The Covenant Of Hamas Islam Studies

I will state first and for most that I do not agree with Hamas idealogy at all. However, they are the product of other circumstances, not the cause of it. That being said, thoughts and beliefs change with time as well. Hamas is a democratically elected government, and the US doesn't have the right to reject that government because it is labeled as a terrorist regime. In fact, if we really stood to those terms, the Saudi government has more ties to terrorism that any of the countries. But we only become stead fast on these issues with governments that don't really give us anything like the Palestinians Hamas.

Hamas terrorist ties are well known, in regards to training people. But actual terrorist acts have been limited to the country of Israel because they feel they are being mis-treated and held down by them. Thus their charter mirrors that belief. Hamas is dedicated to righting what they consider a wrong committed by the Israeli government and the people elected them because they felt that way too. Hamas should be looked at and viewed as a valid, elected, government of the Palestinian people.

25th Apr, 2006 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Hamas Covenant The

and the US doesn't have the right to reject that government because it is labeled as a terrorist regime.

The US government has the right to do what it deems is in its best interest. It is a well-known fact that Israel is a strong ally of the US. The US was willing to fund Palestine while the Fatah regime was there, even though Palestine and Israel clashed many times during their reign. During that same reign, Hamas, living under Palestinian skies, participated and acknowledged terrorist activities against Israel. Now this same terrorist group, who has refused to denounce terrorism, is elected as government of Palestine, and the US is supposed to continue funding to this country? What right did Palestine or Hamas earn for the US to continue funding them, no questions asked? Don't say the US has no right to reject the government of any country. It is simple politics, and Hamas can't claim to be surprised by this. Also realize that many other countries have followed suit. Do they not have the right to reject this government also? Says who?

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

The Covenant Of Hamas
A Friend

Hamas Covenant The

QUOTE (malexander @ 24-Apr 06, 8:50 PM)

The US government has the right to do what it deems is in its best interest. Don't say the US has no right to reject the government of any country. Do they not have the right to reject this government also? Says who?

Well first off, says me. I say so because its hypocritical to preach democracy and liberty then reject an elected government based on our relationship with them. We can refuse to work with them, refuse to assist them, but they are a SOVEREIGN nation by RIGHT of the PEOPLE that elected them, just like ours. In a democracy, people are supposed to hold the power. Thus, the power of the Hamas government has been granted by the only ones who have the right to do it, the people it governs. So no, we don't have that right to reject and take away a government the people have elected. To reject a democracy that the people have elected is to reject our democratic process because it can also be rejected by someone else as invalid.

27th Apr, 2006 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

The Covenant Of Hamas

The US Government can and will reject whichever regime they want. Is this right, of course not. The whole notion that the US supports democracy is the biggest load of rubbish. It only supports democracies that it can deal with. The US doesn't support democracy for democracy's sake.

It's well known that "regime change" is a codeword for "we would prefer to deal with some other tyrant." Just look at the number of dictators and despots the CIA (read US Government) has supported throughout time.

But the US is not alone in doing this. It's just a reality of the world we live in that large, powerful countries will support smaller, weak "governments" that will pander to their national interest.

This lack of support from Hamas has nothing to do with their covenant or beliefs.

The thing I don't like about the US not dealing with Hamas is that by doing this you are only encouraging terrorism, not detering it. It's counterproductive, the US Government knows this, that is why they do it. Hamas can change its covenant but it means nothing. Israel and the US will find other reasons to deprive Palestinian people of vital aid until Hamas is removed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th May, 2006 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

The Covenant Hamas - Page 2

Hamas continues to attack Fatah officials, instead of trying to disarm them as the presiding government. Are militia tactics the way to bring peace within Palestine?

Hamas militants attacked a Fatah funeral procession and children were among the wounded in a Gaza City shootout Tuesday, a second day of street fighting that raised the specter of all-out conflict in the power struggle between the two sides.

Then, Hamas militants attacked the funeral procession in southern Gaza for a Fatah gunman killed Monday, setting off two bombs and opening fire. Fatah gunmen dropped to the ground and returned fire. Three unarmed bystanders were slightly wounded, hospital officials said.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...5810743,00.html

I understand that Fatah is as much to blame for the violence as is Hamas, but Fatah is not in control anymore, save for President Abbas as a figurehead. In fact, it is the presence of Abbas alone, that may help convince the rest of the world like the EU, Russia and possible the US, to continue funding the Palestine state. It is my belief that Hamas only knows how to deal with conflict through violence, and until they realize violence will only beget violence, turmoil will reign free.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2008 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Covenant Hamas Studies Islam - Page 2

Hamas Calls for Third Intifada
By Al Jazeera

In an interview on Al Jazeera, Meshaal said: "We called for a military intifada against the enemy. Resistance will continue through suicide missions."
Ref. Source 5

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: The Covenant Of Hamas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,