Slam Dunk Or Three Pointer

Slam Dunk Pointer - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 12:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Which is more impressive?
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2006 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Slam Dunk or Three Pointer

Which do you find more alluring / moving to see in the NBA: a Slam Dunk or Three Pointer basketball score?

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2006 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Pointer Three Dunk Slam

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose a Three point shot. Slam dunks are too easy, especially when you are over 6' tall and have some jumping ability. A three point shot is more technical and requires more skill, especially to make them at a high percentage. I believe both, however, have added too much entertainment to the game, and takes away quite a bit from the accomplishments of those who played when there was no 3 point line, and dunking was not 'fashionable'. I would rather see more NBA players making over 90% free throws. I read an article the other day in a sports magazine that stated there are currently only 3 players in the NBA who are averaging over 90% in free throws. That to me is pathetic.

2nd Mar, 2006 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Slam Dunk Or Three Pointer Sports & Fashion Music Movies

To me, I also find the three point shot to be more entertaining, but I also love the slam dunks.
I just feel that the whole crowd gets more tense when it comes to the three pointers, which as a whole affects the 'feel' of the game.

There is in my opinion, more skill required for the three pointers, which adds to the tension of the game.

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pointer Three Dunk Slam

I agree with Male, when you are so tall, it takes no talent to slam dunk the ball. But a three pointer both scores more points and takes more talent. To boot, there is nothing more demoralizing in a game then getting close and having someone sink one or more tre's on you, it nails the coffin shut.

However, when someone like Spud Web dunks, its more exciting because they have to get so far off the ground. Also, when someone dunks from very far out, its dynamic as well, like when Jordan dunked from the free throw line, that was awesome!

3rd Mar, 2006 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

Pointer Three Dunk Slam

I'm a Brit, and have no knowledge of basketball really, so don't spam me if my views here are completely wrong wink.gif

it takes no talent to slam dunk the ball

But I would say that both slam dunks and 3 pointers are on similar terms in their technical need, but just different in the actual skill/talent needed.

for example.

3 pointer - You need to be highly accurate and skilled in placing the ball withing the ring from distance, but you will have virtually no defensive resistance in getting as far as the 3 point line.

Slam dunk - Accuracy is just as important yet easier to achieve as anybody can place a ball into a ring of greater size. But the technical skill that is needed to work that ball through the defensive players to gain the room to achieve the slam is the skill here.

But thats a Brits view

Reconcile Edited: Karniest on 3rd Mar, 2006 - 11:15am

3rd Mar, 2006 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Hey Karniest, we do have good basketball teams over here too you know! laugh.gif
Our Brits points of view are just as valid as anybody elses. (In my opinion)*laughs*

I have followed the basketball over here for about 10 years now, and used to be a season ticket holder for the Manchester Giants. (Although they are no longer here)
So as I live in between the two next nearest major UK teams, I support both the Sheffield Sharks and the Chester Jets.

Granted, a high percentage of players have come in from the USA, but we also have some brilliant players from our own home patch.

John Amechi from the USA has also helped to set up a newish team in Manchester called the Manchester Magic I believe, although I haven't actually seen them in action.

The games great, no matter what the country!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2006 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Slam Dunk Three Pointer

Our Brits points of view are just as valid as anybody elses

I totaly agree, perhaps I should have worded it more in this way

'I'm an non basketball follower, and have no idea of the rules'

rather than group my uneducated basketball view as that of all brits, please accept my apologies for placing yourself in my basket of brits wink.gif

> TOPIC: Slam Dunk Or Three Pointer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,