Close Encounter With Death

Close Encounter Death - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 5:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

While you are concious
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2006 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

As a human have you ever been in a situation where you almost died and was conscious enough to see it all unfold before you? An example would be seeing an oncoming car driving fast towards you or falling from a very high place expecting to die. What was the first thing to come to your mind? Did you feel as though others were there, spirits / ghosts? Did you see any ancestors?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Death Encounter Close

My brother, sister in law and a few of their friends went on holidays to the sunny Gold Coast, Queensland about a year ago. On the last day of their holiday, they decided to go to the beach one more time before having to drive the 14hr trip back to New South Wales.

For some idiotic reason they decided to stay away from the lifesavers and public, and chose to swim at a section of the beach where they could be alone. My sister in law went into the water while the others sat on the sand talking amongst eachother.

My sister in law didn't get that far out in the water when she realised that no matter how hard she tried to get back to the sand, it seemed to be pulling her further out past the waves.... she was caught in a rip. Being a country-raised girl whom had never been to the beach in her lifetime, she didn't know how to control the situation or get out of the rip. She didn't know that you'll never get out of one if you fight it. You'll become lethargic and tired and that's when you're in trouble! I don't think she even fully understood what was happening. So she followed her instinct and fought it.

She said she went into a panic and realised that she was caught up in something that she couldn't explain, and as much as she was calling out to my brother and their friends, they couldn't hear a word she was saying. She was getting dragged further and further out into the ocean and nothing could be done about it. She fought it as much as she could, but after a while all she could do was succumb to the waves. She said she was unbelievably tired and she started passing out.

It wasn't until then that one of my brother's friends noticed there was something wrong. He got my brother to look at what was happening. When he saw she was caught in a rip, he panicked and ran straight into the water to help. He got close to her and ended up getting caught in the rip himself. He had hold of her head because it kept going under the water and was repeating over and over, "Don't you dare go to sleep! Open your eyes! Stay with me, Ashley!"

My sister in law said that she remembers coming up out of the water at one point and seeing my brother coming after her. She said it was like an instant relief, but she felt it was already too late. She said she went into a dreamy-like state and knew that once her head went underwater the next time, it wasn't going to come back up. She said that she may have passed out or may have blacked out for a while before she remembers hearing my brother's voice telling her to open her eyes.

One of their friends is a bodybuilder who was there at the time. He ended up dragging the both of them out because they'd both been caught up in the rip and needed help.

My sister in law says that in that situation, she knew she'd had enough. She said she knew that there was no hope of her getting out of the water on her own and she's thankful that it was just by chance that one of their friends noticed something wrong. She says she remembers a voice in her head telling her to give up. She said she had given herself the mindset that this was her time... she was undoubtedly going to die.

They're all alright now. But my sister in law has vowed never to get back in the ocean again.... this experiance scared her too much.

....Jay....

> TOPIC: Close Encounter With Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,