Crooked Congressman

Crooked Congressman - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2006 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Crooked Congressman

CROOKED CONGRESSMAN GOING TO PRISON

Former GOP Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham was sentenced Friday to eight years and four months in federal prison for taking $2.4 million in bribes from at least three defense contractors.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/03/cunningh...nced/index.html

Sponsored Links:
11th Mar, 2006 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Congressman Crooked

From what I know of the case, he certainly deserves the sentence. Personally, I think that any politician who uses his/her office for political gain is a traitor to his country, and particularly to his constituents. Congress members take an oath to serve the United States. Taking bribes is breaking that oath, by letting special interests influence them, instead of holding to the greater good.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Crooked Congressman
A Friend

Crooked Congressman History & Civil Business Politics

I have to honest, I am surprised that he is going to prison. Our congressmen, both democrat and republicans, rarely ever serve any real sentence for their crimes. Anyone remember the bounced checks that went through years ago? They had nearly 35 representative and senators with over 100 million dollars in bounced checks and not one of them served time. If anyone of use did that we would have the book thrown at us. Its a small consolation to have one of them held accountable for what they have done.

1st May, 2006 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Congressman Crooked

Taking bribes is breaking that oath, by letting special interests influence them, instead of holding to the greater good.

While I agree with this in principle, the fact is that this is not any different that what is happening with lobbyists, and the control they have over our representatives. The idea of lobbying really appalls me, and I consider it personally, as a form of bribery. Yes, I believe this congressman deserved what he got, but he is no different than most of our representatives who allow lobbyists to influence their decisions daily.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: Crooked Congressman

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,