The Pollard Willow

The Pollard Willow - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 7th Apr, 2006 - 5:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2006 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Pollard Willow

The Pollard Willow
Stolen Van Gogh returned after 7 years

A Dutch bank got a bonus on Thursday when police turned up with its stolen Van Gogh painting during an earnings news conference. "The Pollard Willow" was one of the last works the Dutch painter made in Nuenen in 1885 before leaving the southern region of the Netherlands where he was born.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060317/od_nm/dutch_vangogh_dc

The Pollard Willow
The Pollard Willow (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

The Pollard Willow
A Friend

Willow Pollard The

Wow, after seven years, you don't expect to have the police just show up with your multi-million dollar stolen painting. Being one of his last works, I'm sure it was worth more than I will make in a lifetime. I did think it was neat that they showed up during an earnings news conference with the surprise!

7th Apr, 2006 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

The Pollard Willow UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Whoa, somehow I didn't catch that it was after 7 years! That is crazy.

I did a search on the "The Pollard Willow" and there are several works by Van Gogh with that name or a similar one, such as "Landscape with Pollard Willows," "Road with Pollard Willows," and simply "Pollard Willows." I guess Van Gogh liked Pollard Willows! In my search, I found the image in the first post under the title of "Pollard Willows with Setting Sun." Since there is no picture in the article, I wonder which painting is the one that was stolen?

> TOPIC: The Pollard Willow

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,